aeromaster03

Prominent
Mar 3, 2019
I currently have a Dell OptiPlex 790 desktop, apart from increasing its RAM to 12GB it remains as it was purchased.

What should be the first thing/things I should I aim to upgrade as I want it to eventually be a gaming pc (I’m not expecting it to run the latest games at 60FPS - just games like LoL and CSGO at around that).
I’m not looking to spend a lot, however I know I’m going to have to spend some.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
If you're aiming for 60FPS in CS:GO or LoL, that's a very easy thing to do. Only thing you need is a GPU to throw on there. Something like a RX 550 or a GT 1030, they're entry level GPU's that will easily do more than 100FPS on those titles. However, they will not do so well on newer games.
Don't get anything that requires a 6-pin PCIe power connector: your PSU doesn't have it.

I'd say, if you have the budget, get a low profile GTX 1050 Ti without a 6-pin power connector.(Usually i'd say the rx 570 is great, but it wont run with a 265W PSU)
If you don't care about futureproofing, just get a GT 1030 or a RX 550.

Kurtisdede

Commendable
Jun 10, 2017
If you're aiming for 60FPS in CS:GO or LoL, that's a very easy thing to do. Only thing you need is a GPU to throw on there. Something like a RX 550 or a GT 1030, they're entry level GPU's that will easily do more than 100FPS on those titles. However, they will not do so well on newer games.
Don't get anything that requires a 6-pin PCIe power connector: your PSU doesn't have it.

I'd say, if you have the budget, get a low profile GTX 1050 Ti without a 6-pin power connector.(Usually i'd say the rx 570 is great, but it wont run with a 265W PSU)
If you don't care about futureproofing, just get a GT 1030 or a RX 550.

Reactions: aeromaster03
Solution

aeromaster03

Prominent
Mar 3, 2019
Okay thank you! Just by getting one of those GPUs that should do it?

I knew I would need a new power supply - so that isn’t a problem.

I know a bit about PC building (not too much though) so my next question is what should I upgrade (after PSU and GPU)?