[SOLVED] HELP PC CRASHING || BOOTING ISSUES

May 9, 2021
So, My pc is 2 years old and currently I have couple of problems

SPECS
r5 1600x
16 gb ddr4 corsair vengeance 2400 MHz (2 X 8gb)
gtx 1060 6gb asus
500 watt psu (corsair vs series)
cooler master cpu fan
2 ssd
2 hdd
windows 10

PROBLEMS
  1. On booting, pc case running but no input on display / keyboard (no lights) and mouse
  2. Pc restarting or going to above situation when playing some high end games or when exporting videos in video editor
METHODS I HAVE TRIED
  1. changed psu
  2. tried removing 1 ram at a time / 1 hdd at a time
  3. cpu temps not too high
  4. can't run remtest86 because it takes pc to problem (1) situation.
  5. cleaned pc
  6. changed thermal paste on pc
  7. PC passed 3d mark stress test (99%)
  8. PC benchmarking above 4000 (3d mark).

PLEASE HELP

Last edited:
Solution
For two years it was fine. Then the dust built up and you now have a heat issue. Trust me on this. You need to bring the temps down.

Your link said the board was running at 45c. Possibly at idle. You have a lower end board. You might have a heat issue there as well. You mentioned the ram sticks, but i have no idea what the timings should be. They are currently running very slow.
May 9, 2021
Two things stand out to me. What do you mean cpu temps aren't too high? How high is high? Second, if it does 3dmark but not memtest that says ram issue. What settings are you using? What are your sticks rated for?
CPU - 55 - 60 C ideally and 80 - 83 C when gaming
MEMORY - Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 MHz 8 gb (2 sticks) running at 1.2 volt
ALL BIOS SETTINGS ARE DEFAULT (NO OVERCLOCKING)

here is my speccy snapshot if it helps further: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/yxicvCWF36ig6ErHJ0kWrXC

Last edited:
May 9, 2021
83C when gaming? That's to hot. You need to bring your temps down. I think your board might be hot as well. What ram sticks do you have? They are running very slow.
when playing heavier games , cpu touches 83 C but for not so high demanding games like Valorant, cpu runs at about 75 - 78 C. Also, i monitor my motherboard, cpu, gpu temps using OpenHWmonitor and temps for motherboard were never too high.

I mentioned ram sticks above

I am having this problem since 5-6 days. before that, since 2 years, everything was running fine with no software change / hardware change

I also tried changing ram to test my problem and it still exists . So, i think ram is not a problem.

4745454b

Titan
For two years it was fine. Then the dust built up and you now have a heat issue. Trust me on this. You need to bring the temps down.

Your link said the board was running at 45c. Possibly at idle. You have a lower end board. You might have a heat issue there as well. You mentioned the ram sticks, but i have no idea what the timings should be. They are currently running very slow.

Solution
May 9, 2021

Your link said the board was running at 45c. Possibly at idle. You have a lower end board. You might have a heat issue there as well. You mentioned the ram sticks, but I have no idea what the timings should be. They are currently running very slow.
i cleaned my pc almost every 3-4 months with compressed air can.

how can I get my temps down?? I already have 2 extra deepcool 140 mm fans + 3 case fans with cooler master evo 212 cpu fan.

I also changed CMOS battery and reset BIOS but still I have the problem. I am also not getting any beep code. Now, I am planning to reseat CPU and format windows drive

Is there any software to check for CPU and motherboard. I hope my CPU is fine because that is very expensive ??

How can i share more details about my ram ?? I have CPUZ, OpenHWmonitor

4745454b

Titan
Depending on which TIM you used you might need to change the thermal paste. Done can get hard after years of use, though i thought it took more than 3. If you have an original 212 with the big grooves I the base that could be it as well.

An easy way to tell if it's a heat issue is to point a house fan at the case with the side off. Turn it on med or high and see if the problem goes away.

May 9, 2021
Depending on which TIM you used you might need to change the thermal paste. Done can get hard after years of use, though i thought it took more than 3. If you have an original 212 with the big grooves I the base that could be it as well.

An easy way to tell if it's a heat issue is to point a house fan at the case with the side off. Turn it on med or high and see if the problem goes away.
okay I am gonna try that in 30 mins or so and then i will let you know the result. I will try to export a video in premier pro 2020 and see if my pc shuts down or not.

May 9, 2021

UPDATE: I tried the fan method but still my pc is shutting down and going to problem (1) state.

ALSO, I found a fix for my video export problem that seems to work. I open task manager, go to details and select the application and set affinity (basically limiting the no. of cpu's that application can use)

Also, i got BSOD recently . here is a link to minidump zip - https://ufile.io/82xtjdse