Question HELP! PC stuck on boot loop and random crashes

Apr 5, 2020
So my PC that I've build has been working fine for the past 2 years but since yesterday its been giving me an extremely hard time but I have a glimpse of hope. First of all I'd like to apologise if this post takes a fair bit of time but all local PC shops are closed due to corona. So at the start of the day the problem I was dealing with was error "0xc000000e . My system currently features AB350 GAMING k4 motherboard with and amd ryzen 1600x cpu and a gtx1080 gpu. I'm using 4 sticks or RAM 4gb each G.skill Ripjaws and furthermore I have 2 ssds and 1hdd. My psu is a EVGA 600W . So I started by getting windows on a USB in case i needed a fresh install since it wouldn't let me past bios. But before I even got to reinstalling, my PC was now randomly shutting down as if there was a power shortage or something and this would happen within 10-20 secs of me booting so I was worried and thought it may be a psu issue. I opened up the case did some unplugging work with my data storage units and now It wasn't just shutting down but it would also restart so I was in a boot loop. I looked online at possible causes and solutions and tested them systemically. First I removed my RAM and put it back on, no luck, however I am aware it most likely isn't a RAM issue as earlier when I was able to access the bios it would show me all 4 sticks of ram there as functioning. Anyhow I went and physically reinstalled my gpu and RAM but this time I only put 2 of the 4 sticks and prior to rebooting this time I did a manual BIOS reset via the jumper on my motherboard and here is where the real puzzle begins. Now hear this folks at this point I had gone thought at least 4-5 hours of trail and error trying to get to my BIOS settings and here we go at this point I am currently at a stage where although it feels like I am stuck on the asrock logo (I made it out of the loop with 2 sticks of ram and actually weirdly my motherboard would only recognise one) after a good 10 to 15 minutes my pc would get me into the bios which gave me some hope but left me puzzled. Now even weirder is that if I do this process of waiting 10 mins but I DO NOT press f2 or delete if takes me to a windows installation setup. But now when I try to install windows it shows me no driver and says windows cannot be installed in this driver ( driver 0, 0 gb)

Apr 5, 2020
UPDATE: couple more hours in I've assembled my whole PC from scratch and I am at the same spot a very long boot up for bios. Anyhow the repair windows tool via usb seems to be completely useless. I've given up and decided that a clean installation of windows 10 may be the quickest path back to being a proud owner of a functioning PC. Lastly I am sure now that the problem was with the motherboard coupled with what I beleive to be a fault in my C driver or in the sata cable for it, regardless upon connecting all my drivers D data and E my games ssd I can see these both but cannot see my original C driver. I am currently downloading windows on my E drive and if I manage to resolve whatever issue there was with my C driver I am planing to format it and tranfer my games from E to C and just keep E as my new widows 10 SSD for the time being. Any advice on how to move my operating system to C again would be appreciated

Apr 5, 2020
UPDATE 2: I was able to finish my win 10 installation and altough all my settings are lost it works just fine! my drivers are all gone though which is gonna set me back another hour or so trying to fix this, The only thing that still im habing an issue for is the extremely prolonged startup time of my pc. Again it takes around 15 minutes to get past the ASRock screen

Apr 5, 2020
Im still on the ASROCK loading screen and now there’s more mystery than ever during my second booting the windows installer would appear again and this time showing my D data drive as the only drive 🙁 anyhow I proceeded downloading windows on my D drive too and I’m fuming at this point to be honest but anyways booting still takes forever, I spend around 15 minutes still on the asrock screen before even getting to see what’s going on with my pc. At this point my pc crashes while updating drivers via bios ..... gonna try updating manually either way at least all 4 sticks of ram were showing although not over locked and same with the cup it’s back to default factory settings. This makes me think that the problem was generated by my ssd driver C which still isn’t showing up even. I would really like to know how to sleep up my booting experience prior to yesterday it would take 2 seconds now 15 minutes

TRENDING THREADS