[SOLVED] (Help) Pc suddenly turns off when being used ?

ineedhelppleaseu

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
Hi I created an account here for help,

A month ago i built my pc with a help of my Cousin.

A week ago, Saturday, I moved my pc to my uncle's home because i needed internet connection (yes i dont have internet connection because my isp havent installed it yet), after i installed everything i need for my online classes i moved my pc back home.

The next day i was using it to type a document then suddenly the display was off but the pc is still running fans running, cpu fan still running, led strips still running, i sht my pants so i removed it from the outlet and opened the pc i just reseated the powercables and then turned it on again it was working well.

The next day i again was typing my thesis and then the pc display suddenly tuns off with the fans still running so i did what i have done last day and just reseated the powercables but when i turn it on it runs for a certain amount of time then turns off and on again.

The next day i tried to turn it on again it gave me a display so i thought it was fixed but the display suddenly turns off again so i tried to reseat the gpu and clean the ram. But the issues keeps coming back i dont know what is the problem can somebody tell me. Thank youu
Specs:
Asrock B450m Steel Legend
2x8 TeamForce 3200mhz (i did activate it fora certain period of time but reseted it) ( i did not activate the xmp profile)
Seasonic M12II Evo 520w
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte GTX 1650 Super

I extremely need the pc for my schooling
I'm so disappointed i saved money for that pc for 2 years just for it to do that in 3 weeks of old

Last edited:
Solution
Warranty for S12II Series, 5 years (3 years if purchased before September 1, 2012). Have your unit tested under load before writing it off.

You may have Timing issues with your RAM. Just have one DIMM in the slot meant for single channel and try switching the modules around. Run Memtest86 from a USB to check for errors and report back.

If the system boots into Windows then check CPUz for your SPD (Serial Presence Detect) values, write them down then configure timings manually in Bios. You may have to slightly increase the Dram Voltage.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
7MlPbAn.png

The red circled two pins you will need to connect for about 5 seconds or take the blue circled battery out for about 5minutes.

ineedhelppleaseu

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
Hi,
Ive been recently having issues in regards to my computer.

It's a month old, but last saturday last week i moved the pc to my uncles home cuz i needed internet connection then move it back home then ,it was working properly but the day after while im playing league the display shutted off while fans still running i turned the pc of with the pwr button and reseated ram, gpu, and pwr cables but when i turn it on it bootloops, fan turns on then after 10 sec turns off then on again, but if i leave it off for sometime then turn it on it boots beautifully but then after sometime not even being underload the pc display goes black and everything repeats it bootloops then if waited for hours it boots again. Im thinking that its the psu so i would like to know what psu would be good i have 50$ saved up im very poor

Specs:
Asrock B450m steel Legend
Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1650, Super
2x8 gb Team Force 3200
Kingston A2000 250gb NVME
Old Psu:
Seasonic M12II EVO 520w
(I havent tested is the psu is the fault but if you guys can point out the problem it would be really appreciated)

Warranty for S12II Series, 5 years (3 years if purchased before September 1, 2012). Have your unit tested under load before writing it off.

You may have Timing issues with your RAM. Just have one DIMM in the slot meant for single channel and try switching the modules around. Run Memtest86 from a USB to check for errors and report back.

If the system boots into Windows then check CPUz for your SPD (Serial Presence Detect) values, write them down then configure timings manually in Bios. You may have to slightly increase the Dram Voltage.

Solution

ineedhelppleaseu

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020

Ok so i tested the cpu with cinebench and the gpu with heaven it does not turn off the turn off happens when the pc is on for abt 20-30 mins then the display shuts off, i dont really know how to do the memtest86 but i tried the windows memory diagnostics but i dont know if it finish cuz the display shutted of but i left it running for 10 mins, wdym by timing issues how do i reconfigure this?

Ok so i tested the cpu with cinebench and the gpu with heaven it does not turn off the turn off happens when the pc is on for abt 20-30 mins then the display shuts off, i dont really know how to do the memtest86 but i tried the windows memory diagnostics but i dont know if it finish cuz the display shutted of but i left it running for 10 mins, wdym by timing issues how do i reconfigure this?

Here is a vid on how to run Memtest86:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_xFNojChNA

Should you have any errors then RMA the full kit.

You need to conduct a Stress Test using Aida64. Go to the tools section and run the test for CPU,FPU and Cache.
Run the test for ten mins and report back.

CPUz in Windows will list your SPD values for your DIMMs. Write them down then enter those Timings and voltage in DRAM Timing control in your Bios.

ineedhelppleaseu

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
Here is a vid on how to run Memtest86:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_xFNojChNA

Should you have any errors then RMA the full kit.

You need to conduct a Stress Test using Aida64. Go to the tools section and run the test for CPU,FPU and Cache.
Run the test for ten mins and report back.

CPUz in Windows will list your SPD values for your DIMMs. Write them down then enter those Timings and voltage in DRAM Timing control in your Bios.
Thank you ill try these but for the meantime ill wait till i get home and will report when done, also i have a question when running memtest will the screen go black and pheriperals off cuz that what happens when i go to the bios and just leave the pc there, what will happen if the memtest did not finish? Thats all thank you

You will notice from watching the vid that your system will boot from the USB and not into Windows.
There will be a function key at startup that allows you to change boot device. It may be F8 or you can prioritize your USB in Bios.
If your unsure as to what your looking at in Aida64 then take screen shots at the 10min mark then upload to IMGUR as a host site. Obtain the bburl as a link here.

ineedhelppleaseu

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
You will notice from watching the vid that your system will boot from the USB and not into Windows.
There will be a function key at startup that allows you to change boot device. It may be F8 or you can prioritize your USB in Bios.
If your unsure as to what your looking at in Aida64 then take screen shots at the 10min mark then upload to IMGUR as a host site. Obtain the bburl as a link here.
Will the ram break if the memtest did not finish?, Cuz im pretty scared that after 30 mins the display peripherals will go off.

Will the ram break if the memtest did not finish?, Cuz im pretty scared that after 30 mins the display peripherals will go off.

No you will not damage anything. the test will bypass your OS and you need to run four passes to assess correctly on all DIMMs. You can test each module individually or combined.
Your issue may well be a Hardware problem or caused due to Overheating or voltage issues and that's where AIda64 comes in.

ineedhelppleaseu

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
No you will not damage anything. the test will bypass your OS and you need to run four passes to assess correctly on all DIMMs. You can test each module individually or combined.
Your issue may well be a Hardware problem or caused due to Overheating or voltage issues and that's where AIda64 comes in.
Question can a fingerprint at the back of the mobo cause this issue?

Oct 14, 2020
Hi I created an account here for help,

A month ago i built my pc with a help of my Cousin.

A week ago, Saturday, I moved my pc to my uncle's home because i needed internet connection (yes i dont have internet connection because my isp havent installed it yet), after i installed everything i need for my online classes i moved my pc back home.

The next day i was using it to type a document then suddenly the display was off but the pc is still running fans running, cpu fan still running, led strips still running, i sht my pants so i removed it from the outlet and opened the pc i just reseated the powercables and then turned it on again it was working well.

The next day i again was typing my thesis and then the pc display suddenly tuns off with the fans still running so i did what i have done last day and just reseated the powercables but when i turn it on it runs for a certain amount of time then turns off and on again.

The next day i tried to turn it on again it gave me a display so i thought it was fixed but the display suddenly turns off again so i tried to reseat the gpu and clean the ram. But the issues keeps coming back i dont know what is the problem can somebody tell me. Thank youu
Specs:
Asrock B450m Steel Legend
2x8 TeamForce 3200mhz (i did activate it fora certain period of time but reseted it) ( i did not activate the xmp profile)
Seasonic M12II Evo 520w
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte GTX 1650 Super

I extremely need the pc for my schooling
I'm so disappointed i saved money for that pc for 2 years just for it to do that in 3 weeks of old
first figure which component have problem i think its psu go to near computer shop and try to check all your component i also have some issue with my pc i update my bios and after 100 % screen go black. and then i call msi india to repair under warranty so during removing processor i broke 1 pin lost 20k processor so depressed now i understand your situation .