Help Removing Quicktime

I removed quicktime a while ago and it still was showing up in the programs
under start. So I went to the add/remove and it was still listed so I went to
uninstall and it said it was already removed. So it removed it from the list.
But the thing is it's still installed on the computer. I went to the
quicktime folder to see if there was a uninstall.exe but there isn't. I even
tried installing the same version and then uninstall but it doesn't work. I
can't find a unstall.exe. I even installed the new version which comes with
I-Tunes. The I-tunes showed up under the programs list under start but not
quicktime. How can I get rid of quicktime. I don't really need it. It's
really annoying me that it's still installed on the computer and I can't get
rid of it.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Nick's Angel1924 wrote:

> I removed quicktime a while ago and it still was showing up in the programs
> under start. So I went to the add/remove and it was still listed so I went to
> uninstall and it said it was already removed. So it removed it from the list.
> But the thing is it's still installed on the computer. I went to the
> quicktime folder to see if there was a uninstall.exe but there isn't. I even
> tried installing the same version and then uninstall but it doesn't work. I
> can't find a unstall.exe. I even installed the new version which comes with
> I-Tunes. The I-tunes showed up under the programs list under start but not
> quicktime. How can I get rid of quicktime. I don't really need it. It's
> really annoying me that it's still installed on the computer and I can't get
> rid of it.

Your post is somewhat confusing. What makes you believe it's still
installed? Can you run it? What's in the quicktime folder? Uninstall
routines don't always clean up all the vestiges and some times will
leave the installation folder with a few files. If that's the case but
the .exe files are gone, then all that's needed is to remove that folder.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

I can't remove the quicktime folder in the programs folder. It is still
installed because I can still run the program. Even though it opens for a
second then closes.

Sorry if it was confusing I'm not good at explaining stuff.

Quicktime adds itself as a startup process during installation. Run msconfig
and uncheck Quicktime if it is checked. If the icon is in the notification
area, exit the program and try the uninstall again.

"Nick's Angel1924" wrote:

> I can't remove the quicktime folder in the programs folder. It is still
> installed because I can still run the program. Even though it opens for a
> second then closes.
>
> Sorry if it was confusing I'm not good at explaining stuff.

If you have tried the uninstalls and they don't or won't work, try deleting
the folder. Leave it in the recycle bin for a while until you are sure
everything is working as it should before permanently deleting it.