[SOLVED] HELP!! RGB Questions

Aug 20, 2020
OK so some background, my MOBO only has 1 5volt argb header, but i have 2 components right now and maybe a third that need a 5volt controller
my case (lian lancool 2), rx5700xt sapphire nitro+, and some in-win sirius loop a120 fans.
I bought two y 5volt splitters but all three sides are female.
My GPU has a Male connection my case is female
and the fans I want are female.
BUT I dont have any pins to make some of the y splitters connections male. what pins should I get? (first question)
Second question, if I were to get an RGB controller would I be able to use software to control it, (I am using Razer Synapse with a program that lets synapse control asus aura. )
so my main thing is is how can I make it so I can get three in-win sirius loop a120 fans to match (rgb wise) with my case, gpu, ram and peripherals

thanks for even looking and sorry for the confusing post.

Solution

Sorry, I'm a bit confused about this bit

If you were to get a controller, it should at least be from the same manufacturer as your fans. Although aura can control aura compatible fans

Ideally you will only need female connectors to put on the fan headers on your motherboard, of which model you haven't stated

The aRGB might need a controller. I assume, like me with iCue software you are using ASUS' software as an inbetween for iCue to understand what it's doing

If you are going to use the Sirius, I guess it wouldn't work with the razr's software, it just doesn't go like that. You can't just mix and try to match hardware with software regarding fans AFAIK

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020

Sorry, I'm a bit confused about this bit

If you were to get a controller, it should at least be from the same manufacturer as your fans. Although aura can control aura compatible fans

Ideally you will only need female connectors to put on the fan headers on your motherboard, of which model you haven't stated

The aRGB might need a controller. I assume, like me with iCue software you are using ASUS' software as an inbetween for iCue to understand what it's doing

If you are going to use the Sirius, I guess it wouldn't work with the razr's software, it just doesn't go like that. You can't just mix and try to match hardware with software regarding fans AFAIK

Solution