Question HELP RX 580 ARTIFACTS

Nova938

Prominent
Apr 25, 2021
I bought an RX 580 used off ebay, which was working, with pictures shown. I downloaded the drivers and used DDU beforehand. It works fine when it is idle. However, when I benchmark it or load a game, the game either crashes or shows heavy artefacts. Temps are around 75 at full load.

If it helps, the VRAM thermal pads are a bit dry and damaged, and it was very dusty beforehand with little thermal paste, so I replaced the thermal paste and am waiting on replacement pads.

I have a ryzen 5 2400g, 16gb 3000mhz ram, RX 580 Nitro+.

Lutfij

Titan
I bought an RX 580 used off ebay
How long ago was this? Buying sued is actually a bad idea, especially since cards of that era/generation were heavily used for mining and if it's being sold, very likely it's been stripped off of it's useful (computational)resources.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard?

the VRAM thermal pads are a bit dry and damaged, and it was very dusty beforehand with little thermal paste, so I replaced the thermal paste and am waiting on replacement pads.
Wait for the pads to come through and provided they're the right dimensions tax the GPU with the aftermarket thermal paste and thermal pad swap.