May 18, 2023
I recently bought a 120mm RGB Aerocool fan and I planned to install it on the front of my Corsair Carbide 100R, seeing as it had no front fan. The fan came with four screws, but the case manual told me to use the provided case long fan screws. I tried using those but they felt like they weren't threading at all and the fan also didn't properly line up with what I assume were the mounting holes. Also, there doesn't seem to be any videos whatsoever about installing fans to this specific case. This is my first PC build so I don't really know what I'm doing. If anyone could help me out or at least give me some pointers. I'll leave the relevant parts below

>Case: Corsair Carbide 100R
>Case fan: Aerocool Eclipse 12

UPDATE: I figured it out. Found an older thread where OP was having the same issue. Turns out I was going for the wrong holes. My fan is installed now and is working great so far. Just to elaborate, don't go for the big holes closest to the big fan opening, but instead screw the smaller holes in the indentation thingies.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should include images to help illustrate the issue you're undergoing. There's only so much you can elaborate with text alone.

n7c3w3ngmgc11.jpg

Using this image I pulled off of the www, which holes are you trying to thread into the chassis with the long screws?

Lutfij

Titan
The guide to add images into a thread is in my sig space, you will need to host your images on a site akin to Imgur, then pass the URL in the thread.

Removing the Best Answer award from my post since I think you chose that prematurely.