Apr 25, 2015
I have the following gaming setup

- CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K
- Mobo: MSI MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI -
- RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory
- Storage: Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVMe Internal SSD
- GPU: MSI GAMING X SLIM GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER
- PSU: Corsair PSU RM850e 2023 (New)
- OS : Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (fully updated as of today)
- Monitor : LG OLED 65 C1 (Updated)
- HDMI Cable HDCP 2.2&2.3

The PC around 9 months old .. it was originally installed with ASRock Phantom Gaming OC Radeon RX 7800 X.. but it was really unstable.. so I switched to the Nvidia GPU

After the change I noticed a significant input lag in games (Forza Horizon 5)... I switched off all sync options.. there was a slight improvement but still there was a noticeable lag compared 7800XT.. in addition Im getting jittery graphics/ screen tearing.. and now im compleetly lost

ive also noticed on sevrela pccasion the teh audio is out of sync with video (e.g youtube via chrome).. not sure if that is related

I have attached the Nvidia control panel settings..

Nvedia Control Panel 1
Nvedia Control Panel 2
Nvedia Control Panel 3

I would appreciate if you can guide me how to resolve this issue and what changes i need to make

Hey there,

So, are you running any OC's on the CPU or GPU? If so, take them off, and test again.

What powerprofile are you running? Are all system drivers, including chipset up to date? What bios are you running on the mobo?

Default the nVIdia CP to default by restoring. Is the issue persistent if using G-sync?

saint666

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
Hey there,

So, are you running any OC's on the CPU or GPU? If so, take them off, and test again.

What powerprofile are you running? Are all system drivers, including chipset up to date? What bios are you running on the mobo?

Default the nVIdia CP to default by restoring. Is the issue persistent if using G-sync?
No OC on CPU or GPU ...

Power Profile is balanced ... Like before

Nvidia CP settings are attached in original post.... all syncs V sync and G sync deactivated to increase response...

MOBO was updated a few months ago.. The PC is 9 MONTHS OLD .. no lag when 7800XT was installed.. i just changed the GPU.. the 4070 Ti S is better GPU so there should not be a drop in performance

it was ver laggy when it was on Nvid CP was on default..

No OC on CPU or GPU ...

Power Profile is balanced ... Like before

Nvidia CP settings are attached in original post.... all syncs V sync and G sync deactivated to increase response...

MOBO was updated a few months ago.. The PC is 9 MONTHS OLD .. no lag when 7800XT was installed.. i just changed the GPU.. the 4070 Ti S is better GPU so there should not be a drop in performance

it was ver laggy when it was on Nvid CP was on default..
When you say mobo was updated, are you referring to the bios? If so, what revision. You can check this with CPU-z and the mainboard tab.

Keep nVidia CP at default. There's no point in introducing too many factors, so we can find where your issue lies.

Have you tried the High performance power profile?

Are all system drivers, including chipset up to date?
? Chipset, Lan, etc - Or is this what you mean by mobo updated? Either way. You need to have all updates installed, so we can rule out these things. So the latest versions here : https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-Z690-EDGE-WIFI/support#driver

Bios here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-Z690-EDGE-WIFI/support#bios

What windows version are you running? Is this up to date too?

Latest posts