Question Help with Windows 11 Device Security ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
My Specs are:

- MSi A520M-A PRO Motherboard updated to latest Bios
- Gamemax RPG Rampage 700W PSU 80 Plus Bronze.
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Processor with its stock Fan Cooler.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Graphics
- 16GB of DDR4 RAM running at 3200MHz
- 1TB M2 NVME SSD

I see enabled:

- Core Isolation with a yellow ! exclamation mark warning next to it with the message on screen Memory Integrity is turned off due to Incompatibility with the Intel E1G6032E.sys driver. Please resolve Incompatibility with this driver to enable you to turn on Memory Integrity.

- Security Processor passed with a green tick.

- Secure boot passed with a green tick.

Finally how do I enable the following Security Settings:

- DEP

- UEFI MAT

- SMM

Cheers,

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
install the latest driver for your ethernet controller

is windows 11 installed and running or do you wanna update to win11?

I don't use Ethernet, can I just simply disable ethernet and will that fix it?

Yes Windows 11 is installed and running.

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
you can try or you can just update the driver as well
Is this the right driver?:

I downloaded it and ran it and got a message on screen saying no Intel wired network adapter found in system.

I do not have Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter showing in device manager. In fact I don't think I have this Intel wired ethernet as my motherboard is MSi A520M-A PRO . Does my motherboard has this Intel wired ethernet adapter? If not then why I cant enable memory integrity in windows device security?

What gives?

Yes, you are right, your ethernet adapter is Realtek® RTL8111H Gigabit LAN
Are you using vmware or similar? Or did you install windows before with a different system? Uninstall the driver E1G6032E.sys .

maybe:

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
Yes, you are right, your ethernet adapter is Realtek® RTL8111H Gigabit LAN
Are you using vmware or similar? Or did you install windows before with a different system? Uninstall the driver E1G6032E.sys .

maybe:

Okay it begs the question why does driver E1G6032E.sys exist on my system when there is no device for it? I don't use vmware. This is a brand new Gaming PC bought from a store.

Lastly what's the best way to uninstall this driver and to clarify uninstalling this driver wont affect my Intel wireless card?

Last edited:

ubuysa

Distinguished
I would do a disk search for E1G6032E.sys and rename all occurrences to E1G6032E.old, then reboot.

If no negative effects are observed after a few days you can delete the E1G6032E.old files.

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
It's just renamed and won't load it into windows
Eventually your Intel wireless could be the problem as well. is it up to date?

Are these system driver files hidden by default wont show up from a simple search from taskbar?

Not sure if the Intel wireless is up to date however before I update the wireless side is the driver E1G6032E.sys part of the Intel wireless too or just Intel wired?

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
try this

Thank you for the guide, I'm struggling on Step 1 on that guide in Device manager. Do you know how to search for a device in device manager as I cant seem to find Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter device even after enabling show hidden devices or do you happen to know which category it is listed in?

ubuysa

Distinguished
Renaming these drivers will prevent them/it being loaded. That should solve your problem.

I'm suggesting a rename rather than an outright delete just in case you really do need them.

Thank you for the guide, I'm struggling on Step 1 on that guide in Device manager. Do you know how to search for a device in device manager as I cant seem to find Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter device even after enabling show hidden devices or do you happen to know which category it is listed in?
If it´s not there in the network adapters section, then open explorer, search for the sys file with the advanced search option "system files" marked and rename it

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
If it´s not there in the network adapters section, then open explorer, search for the sys file with the advanced search option "system files" marked and rename it
Should I be worried that this as a Malware or a Virus as I see this as very strange because the device doesn't exist in my system, not showing up in device manager and windows reporting back it cant enable memory integrity because of a driver for a device that doesn't exist. Cant make sense of it unless its a Malware or a Virus causing these strange behaviours or am I worrying too much and this is a known problem?

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
Okay I did a quick search for E1G6032E.sys and got 3 results. Managed to rename 1 out of the 3 because windows wont allow me to rename the other 2 saying I require administrator privileges even though I am the administrator on my local account. Am I not the administrator?

Lastly this has fixed memory Integrity to turn on however after this the microsoft vulnerable driver blocklist below it is now greyed out. Is it possible to have both memory integrity and microsoft vulnerable driver blocklist both turned on?

Ralston18

Titan
I will add the suggestion to run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results here. You should be able to copy and paste the results and not need to retype it all.

Objective being to learn more about the PC's network components and configuration.

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
I will add the suggestion to run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results here. You should be able to copy and paste the results and not need to retype it all.

Objective being to learn more about the PC's network components and configuration.

You want to check if the Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter is listed in command prompt?

Ralston18

Titan
"ipconfig /all" provides basic information about the installed network adapters.

And that information can be compared and verified to other configuration settings and expectations.

For example it not uncommon to discover that two network adapters are enabled when only one (either wired or wireless as applcable) should be enabled.

Or some other error of omission or commission may be revealed: an incorrect subnet mask.

IPv6 is likely enabled and disabling Ipv6 may solve some problem.

Need to start somewhere and "ipconfig /all" is a good place to start.

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
"ipconfig /all" provides basic information about the installed network adapters.

And that information can be compared and verified to other configuration settings and expectations.

For example it not uncommon to discover that two network adapters are enabled when only one (either wired or wireless as applcable) should be enabled.

Or some other error of omission or commission may be revealed: an incorrect subnet mask.

IPv6 is likely enabled and disabling Ipv6 may solve some problem.

Need to start somewhere and "ipconfig /all" is a good place to start.

Should it still show up after I renamed the driver with the .old extension?

very_452001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2014
"ipconfig /all" is built into Windows and presents mostly network configuration settings.

FYI:

https://www.anoopcnair.com/10-useful-ipconfig-commands-for-windows/#:~:text=1.-,ipconfig /all,shown in the image below.

That said, if you renamed some network related driver from .exe to .old without having a replacement .exe available then any software requiring or otherwise depending on that original .exe will fail to work.

Okay will ipconfig/all help with the microsoft vulnerable driver blocklist setting that is greyed out as I mentioned above?

Status
Not open for further replies.