I built a cabinet for my nephew and he has hit a key sequence that causes a
"volume", "brightness", etc... bar to show across the bottom of the screen
everytime he hits the "up" direction with the joystick. How do I get rid of
this?

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:02:45 -0600, "Keith Goodyk"
<klgoodyk@iowatelecom.net> wrote:

>I built a cabinet for my nephew and he has hit a key sequence that causes a
>"volume", "brightness", etc... bar to show across the bottom of the screen
>everytime he hits the "up" direction with the joystick. How do I get rid of
>this?

delete default.cfg

HTH!

--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)

Keith Goodyk wrote:
> I built a cabinet for my nephew and he has hit a key sequence that causes a
> "volume", "brightness", etc... bar to show across the bottom of the screen
> everytime he hits the "up" direction with the joystick. How do I get rid of
> this?

Which version of mame? Which OS?

Windows 2000 and version 79

Keith Goodyk wrote:
> Windows 2000 and version 79
>
> "usenet" <reply.in.newsgroup@bitbucket.dave.null.net> wrote in message
>
>>Keith Goodyk wrote:
>>
>>>I built a cabinet for my nephew and he has hit a key sequence that
>
> causes a
>
>>>"volume", "brightness", etc... bar to show across the bottom of the
>
> screen
>
>>>everytime he hits the "up" direction with the joystick. How do I get
>
> rid of
>
>>>this?
>>
>>Which version of mame? Which OS?

I'm going to cut you some slack on the top posting, but can you see from
this post how hard it is to follow the conversation when you do that?

Here is how it should be done:

Keith Goodyk wrote:
> Windows 2000 and version 79
And you should have included which version 79. DOS mame? Mame32?
Using a frontend?

But anyway - I'm using mame32 version .86 and pressing the tilde key
brings up that menu. On my keyboard that key is just under the ESC key
and it looks like this ~

HTH

usenet wrote:
Which version of mame? Which OS?

I'm going to cut you some slack on the top posting, but can you see from
this post how hard it is to follow the conversation when you do that?

Brent wrote:
Woa...I sincerely apologize that I didn't go through and edit the reply.
You and I were the only 2 corresponding, so I didn't realize you would/could
get confused on what you wrote and what I wrote. I sent this from my
nephew's house and was in a bit of a hurry to find an answer.

usenet wrote:
But anyway - I'm using mame32 version .86 and pressing the tilde key brings
up that menu. On my keyboard that key is just under the ESC key and it
looks like this ~
HTH

Brent wrote:
Thanks. I'll give them a call and have them try that.

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Keith Goodyk Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> I built a cabinet for my nephew and he has hit a key sequence that
> causes a "volume", "brightness", etc... bar to show across the
> bottom of the screen everytime he hits the "up" direction with the
> joystick. How do I get rid of this?

Delete default.cfg in the cfg folder.

--
David