Here Are The System Requirements for Crysis 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemm

Distinguished
If the recommended system operating requirements is a graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM, then for Hi-Performance a 2 or 3GB single card would do the job, mean it doesn´t really need to be a SLI/CF set up., eh?

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]sincreator[/nom]http://www.guru3d.com/articles_sum [...] hmark.html Looks like a 660ti/HD7870 will do just fine at 1920x1080. I wish they had a CPU comparison in there as well.[/citation] How is Far Cry 3 related?

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
[citation][nom]jemm[/nom]If the recommended system operating requirements is a graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM, then for Hi-Performance a 2 or 3GB single card would do the job, mean it doesn´t really need to be a SLI/CF set up., eh?[/citation]

Actually this is what they did when Crysis 1 came out. They put 8800 GTX Ultra (back then the single core flagship from NVIDIA) as the high performance req. We all know how that turned out. I just hope by the time all the bells and whistles are activated, you wont be able to get a decent frames per sec and end up setting your system on fire :D but that is just a personal fetish.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Lol i don't know how they managed to equate an i7-2600K with an FX-4170.[/citation]lol so the new 4150/4170 > i5 750. :eek:

/sarcasm

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
If they think an FX can properly handle multi-card configurations, then they're further removed from reality than I thought. Even the 4300 series won't really improve matters.

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
My config can handle this, but the problem is... the fans will get REALLY noisy! And by REALLY noisy I mean my neighbors will know when I'm playing Crysis 3 (or will wonder why I'm "vacuuming" so often) :p

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]High CPU requirement probably means a console port.[/citation]

Almost everything nowadays is a console port.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Can't run it, yet at no point do I feel compelled to build a system to run this or even buy this game. I was not impressed by crysis. The original FarCry = Awesome, Crysis = Benchmarking tool was what it felt like to me.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
here are the requirements for crysis 3:
- a console.
- a tolerance for mediocre games. it helps greatly if you haven't been playing PC FPSs for 18+ years and can be wowed by rehashed concepts as if they were new, poor level design & controls, interactive movie experiece (i.e. more lame cutscenes/story than freedom/gameply, with stupidly easly gameplay to appeal to joypad users who don't have time to try a hard game for too long before finishing it & buying the sequel ...)

Pretty high/fussy requirements for a series that's ratings have only gone down since Warhead. I never even tried crysis-2, but I know I'm in the minority. most friends I know were DESPARATE to try, hoping that maybe the critics & videos/screenshots were wrong, and the game probably sold well anyway and the suits are testing the waters again.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]High CPU requirement probably means a console port.[/citation]
Clearly you know nothing about the CryEngine 3.

Ill belive it when i see it.

Most of the things they write here can be simple Frame killers, not real quality.
And ofc, if it comes out like in 4 months, i wont even bother looking at it (Awsome games were those that took 4 years to make, even thou we had to wait. Nowdays, we get 6 month half baked games...).

I didnt buy crysis 2, and somehow i can already feel crysis 3 wont interest me at all.

[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Lol i don't know how they managed to equate an i7-2600K with an FX-4170.[/citation]

Maybe they did a good job optimizing for AMD, unlike most of the rest of Devs out there 8)

Also, nice requirements. It was about time a dev put on his pants and started pushing the tech again.

Video Card and CPU vendors should thank Mr Yerli for giving PC gamers an incentive to upgrade.

Cheers!

nao1120

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Not worried about it. Crysis 1 was so poorly optimized even a high end rig chugged on some levels. Very poor game dev in my opinion. If they really expect a user to buy a 680 off the bat just to play 1 game they have another thing coming. I've played various games with my Q9550 and it plays just fine even though it recommends a i5. Its some sort of scare tactic to make people purchase a new rig. Nontheless, i stand that the 6950 will be just fine. If it plays like crap, I don't need to play it.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Lol i don't know how they managed to equate an i7-2600K with an FX-4170.[/citation]

Cryengine is usually CPU agnostic. Throw a good GPU at it and it'll run fine.

G

Minimum System Operating Requirements for PC

may actually load the game.

Recommended System Operating Requirements for PC

may actually play the game.

Hi-Performance PC Specifications

just have the best ready or don't get your hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.