[SOLVED] High cpu temperature and undervolting -(ryzen 5 3600x)

Feb 28, 2020
I have ryzen 5 3600x with rtx 2080ti but I notice the high temperature of the processor in red dead redemption 2 game , with variable values ranging between 80 to 90 celsius basically and sometimes reaching to 92 and maybe up to 95 celsius .. is this normal ?? if isn't , Can I reduce the temperature by undervolting ?? or do I just lower cpu clock speed ?? or do I reduce the voltage while maintaining the maximum frequency of the cpu speed without change ??? .. I am confused .

Feb 28, 2020
I remember when i was setting up pc components by myself , I installed Stock cooler incorrectly after spreading the thermal paste underneath (thermal paste came with stock cooler) , then I removed the Stock cooler and quickly put it back again to install it with screws properly .. Is it possible that the thermal paste was affected, for example by air or changed its spreading on cpu Because of that action ? .. So I looked at undervolting as a temporary solution until I buy a new thermal paste and wipe the old one that doubtful efficacy

TRENDING THREADS