[SOLVED] High end pc graphic problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2019
First time here since its the only place ive seen with pc problems people who can help me. hi. Ive had a problem with my pc within the last 4 months, i do now know what the problem is on the console but i do know what it does. Whenever i play a game with high end graphics me pc will freeze and i have to restart it. i can play some new games like Apex legends in windowed mode and for the most part no crashes. all my drivers and updated weekly and pc update daily. i run most games in low settings and windowed now, its fine but i would like to know what the problem is so i don't have to sit so close to my monitor. any suggestions? i would show a pic of my pc sceps but i dont know how to pin an image on here...

Solution
The G43, G45, and Krait use a 4+1 VRM setup(4 VRMs for the cpu and 1 for the ram). The 970 gaming uses a 6+2 VRM setup.

With the 4 phase setups the VRMs run hot this can cause VRM throttling and/or cpu instability and overtime the VRMs will fail due tot he heat. The G43 has no VRM cooling making the problem worse, the G45 has a small albeit inadequate VRM cooler. The Krait has a larger cooler but this usually just delays the inevitable.

The fact I have to explain this rather well known issue to a "CPUs expert" saddens me.

The fact the system is not as high end as they thought it was does not solve the problems they are having with the system and the more information we can get(which includes the exact make and model of the...
This one?

s-l1600.jpg

mgallo848

Commendable
It's still the same 970 chipset on all those models. The difference in those boards with an 8320 at stock speeds are negligible at best.

Once he tells us what the GPU is there will be enough information to help troubleshoot.

bignastyid

Titan
It's still the same 970 chipset on all those models. The difference in those boards with an 8320 at stock speeds are negligible at best.

Once he tells us what the GPU is there will be enough information to help troubleshoot.
Actually the G43 and G45 have VRM problems(especially with 125w octo cores) that the Gaming and Krait don't have. Just because the chipset is the same does not mean other differences are negligible.

mgallo848

Commendable
At stock speeds they will be negligible. If he was overclocking then I would agree but seeing as how he's having trouble finding out what hardware he even has I don't think he's overclocked ;)

......unless he had a friend try to OC it for him.

My guess in all this is he probably has a low-end GPU and doesn't realize it. We'll just have to wait.

bignastyid

Titan
At stock speeds they will be negligible. If he was overclocking then I would agree but seeing as how he's having trouble finding out what hardware he even has I don't think he's overclocked ;)

......unless he had a friend try to OC it for him.

Even at stock speeds they have issues, especially the G43 as it completely lacks VRM cooling. The 4+1 VRM setups(especially the uncooled ones) have proven to be very problematic with the 125w cpus.

mgallo848

Commendable
Then please point out the one that is 4 + 1 like you said. I think we're going to get into an argument over something that is most likely not in issue. The guy thought he had a high-end system and it turns out he's running an 8320. You're starting to get nit picky

Status
Not open for further replies.