Question High Idle Temps (Need Help)

Aug 11, 2022
Recently my PC's temps have been spiking up again with idle temps at 77C, even tho coolant is around 33C.
Cpu is 7 5800x
Aio H100i Platinum SE
Thermal paste is MX 4
and the case is 465x icue with 5 fans in total including radiator ones
The thermal paste is brand new and applied it 2 days ago. I made sure the aio is tightened up but still very high idle temps.
I tried everything and im at a roadblock. Any suggestions?

Aug 11, 2022
AIO is roof of case as exhaust??

what is rest of system?

What are average system temps for other components?
My aio is placed just like yours with pipes going up. Other components have normal temps around 45C gpu and ram.
My motherboard is x570-e , and ram is vengeance pro sl

Aug 10, 2022
Do you happen to have any razer peripherals or anything of that sort? Also have you tried to feel if your radiator is actually heating up and if the tubes are also heating up. Another thing you can try is to flick the switch of your psu off and on while ur pc is turned on

Aug 11, 2022
Do you happen to have any razer peripherals or anything of that sort? Also have you tried to feel if your radiator is actually heating up and if the tubes are also heating up. Another thing you can try is to flick the switch of your psu off and on while ur pc is turned on
Yea i have razer keyboard and mouse

Aug 10, 2022
around a month after i built my pc , just when i got my new razer keyboard
I'm fairly certain that there's something wrong with razer's software that is making some components go haywire.
If you're not doing anything important at the moment you should try turning off ur pc and then ur psu and waiting for a couple of seconds, then booting the system up again

Aug 11, 2022
I'm fairly certain that there's something wrong with razer's software that is making some components go haywire.
If you're not doing anything important at the moment you should try turning off ur pc and then ur psu and waiting for a couple of seconds, then booting the system up again
i will try in a bit

Aug 10, 2022
Colif, this is the video I was referencing. So yea, in conclusion, Icy's overheating is either caused by bad software or by air buildup in the pump. What I would suggest is to either do what I've mentioned a couple of times already or to just carefully either tip the whole tower or just the radiator so it makes all the air go away from the pump.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Aug 11, 2022
Colif, this is the video I was referencing. So yea, in conclusion, Icy's overheating is either caused by bad software or by air buildup in the pump. What I would suggest is to either do what I've mentioned a couple of times already or to just carefully either tip the whole tower or just the radiator so it makes all the air go away from the pump.
I can hear the water loudly now so i think there is air in my cooler

Aug 10, 2022
im playing team fortress rn with around 250 fps and 63C
Perfect, it seems your problem was fixed. Now I'm off to make a complaint at razer for their synapse messing up AIO pumps and preventing them from running full power. (this is a joke, i'm too lazy to open a ticket with razer support)
I'm glad your problem is no more.

TRENDING THREADS