Question hitches/stutters in games, even with low cpu/gpu usage

Feb 14, 2020
So I get these hitches on games where the game (/the whole system?) just freezes for like half a second to a second. Whatever key I'm pressing at the time that the hitch occurs, it will register it as if I was holding that key the whole duration of the hitch. (so basically, if I'm moving it looks like I teleport from a location to another)
These hitches have been happening always, I just haven't bothered on trying to fix it until now that I've started to play cs and they get me Killed many times.
Sometimes they don't happen for hours, sometimes they happen every couple minutes.

I dont have any programs running other than the game, steam and discord. Also the temps seem fine.

They happen even tho the pc isn't under a heavy load (cs on high settings, fps uncapped, cpu usage 30-40%, gpu 40-60%)
Games are on 1tb hdd if that makes a difference.

Specs: R5 1600
Gtx 1060 6gb
G.Skill Ripjaws 16g 3200mhz ram
Asus prime b350-plus
250gb ssd for system
1tb hdd for games and recording
Corsair CX550M (550W)
Windows 10

No overclocking done

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020
how is the screen connected to he GPU if not via display port cable then I suggest you get one and see if this solves the problem. note get the right fittings
It used to be connected via dp but I got a rift s and my gpu only has one dp so I had to switch my monitor to dvi-d. As far as I remember the hitches happened with dp too. I'll see if it makes a difference though.