drew

The downloads of the maps are really slow. Is there anyway for me to
download a map pack with the most used ones?

"Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
> The downloads of the maps are really slow. Is there anyway for me to
> download a map pack with the most used ones?

go to http://halflife2.filefront.com/
they have 4 map packs of about 50 maps each.

"Martin Pick" <mpick@mpick.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
>> The downloads of the maps are really slow. Is there anyway for me to
>> download a map pack with the most used ones?
>>
> go to http://halflife2.filefront.com/
> they have 4 map packs of about 50 maps each.

one of my machines has a problem. we need to uninstall dm and reinstall
it. anyone know how to do this?

Andrew

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:52:02 -0500, "fishy_stink_ho"
<mckracker@hotmail.com> wrote:

>one of my machines has a problem. we need to uninstall dm and reinstall
>it. anyone know how to do this?

In Steam, go into the game properties, select delete local game
content. Then right click on the game in Steam and select Install.

fishy_stink_ho wrote:
> "Martin Pick" <mpick@mpick.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>"Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>The downloads of the maps are really slow. Is there anyway for me to
>>>download a map pack with the most used ones?
>>>

>>go to http://halflife2.filefront.com/
>>they have 4 map packs of about 50 maps each.
>>

> one of my machines has a problem. we need to uninstall dm and reinstall
> it. anyone know how to do this?

Well, open the Play Games menu in Steam, select Properties on the
Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, select "Delete Local Content" (or something
similarly titled), then select the game again in the menu to start
downloading it again.

"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> fishy_stink_ho wrote:
>> "Martin Pick" <mpick@mpick.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message

>>>go to http://halflife2.filefront.com/
>>>they have 4 map packs of about 50 maps each.
>>>

>> one of my machines has a problem. we need to uninstall dm and reinstall
>> it. anyone know how to do this?
>
> Well, open the Play Games menu in Steam, select Properties on the
> Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, select "Delete Local Content" (or something
> similarly titled), then select the game again in the menu to start
> downloading it again.

Thanks. Can't believe I missed it b4. The game does not show "decals"
properly. You shoot something, and a white box appears where a bullethole
graphic should appear. I'm hoping this will fix it. BTW, SP is fine.

fishy_stink_ho wrote:

> Thanks. Can't believe I missed it b4. The game does not show "decals"
> properly. You shoot something, and a white box appears where a bullethole
> graphic should appear. I'm hoping this will fix it. BTW, SP is fine.

That's cool. If your problem is about decals not showing correctly
though, it would be a LOT simpler to delete the half-life 2 deathmatch
folder in your SteamApps folder. That would recreate a lot of files in
their default state, effectively starting clean again.

Of course, if you can affort the bandwidth/time to redownload the
40-so-megs it takes, then you can proceed.