Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have a 1080p 144hz monitor and i need to be able to record at 60fps in 4k with this 1080p monitor. I want the footage of the game im playing to be 4k so people with 4k monitors can see it in their native resolution.

So far i've used shadowplay to record at 2160p (4k) and ive made the games resolution that im playing at 2160p aswell. Would this give me 4k footage on my 1080p monitor?

If not how would I do this?

UPDATE: Thie file I recorded is somehow 1080p depiste me recording in 4k with shadowplay and playing the game at 4k. Is there a way I could trick my PC into thinking my monitor is 4k? I think that would work

Solution
Turn on Dynamic super resolution in the Nvidia settings, then change the record settings of Shadowplay, you'll have to increase the resolution inside your games to 4K after you've turned on DSR.

Faux_Grey

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Turn on Dynamic super resolution in the Nvidia settings, then change the record settings of Shadowplay, you'll have to increase the resolution inside your games to 4K after you've turned on DSR.

Solution
G

Just got it working. The problem with DSR is it downscales to 1080p. I had to change my monitor resolution to 4k which made it look horrible but in game it looked like 1080p. I then just recorded using shadowplay while the game was set to 4k (no DSR)

G

I dont have a 4k display and Im looking to get 4k resolution video. I figured out a way so it doesnt matter anymore

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

What method are you using to get that to work? Thanks

G

When I enable DSR in the NVIDIA Control Panel, my PC allows me to change my screen resolution to 4k. Not sure why but it does. The actual screen quality looks the same if not worse but when I go in game it just looks 1080p. Since my resolution is 4k I can set my In game resolution to 4k as well and by setting shadow play to record in 4k. When I record it creates 4k video files with 4k quality despite me being on my 1080p monitor :D

Status
Not open for further replies.