[SOLVED] How can I use 3 sound cards for 5.1 surround sound?

Jun 20, 2019
I've tried doing this using Voicemeeter Banana but failed, it only output one audio stream into every speakers. Subwoofer and center speakers ain't a problem for me 'coz I have a dedicated amplifier for them. What I need is a software like voicemeeter to assign each sound card.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I've tried doing this using Voicemeeter Banana but failed, it only output one audio stream into every speakers. Subwoofer and center speakers ain't a problem for me 'coz I have a dedicated amplifier for them. What I need is a software like voicemeeter to assign each sound card.

What are you trying to do? Why are you trying to use 3 sound cards to get 5.1? Which sound cards do you have installed?

Here's some info and here.

D

Deleted member 14196

i am having a look over the google search. what is you mobo spec? what kind of sound device is it? if you have 4 speakers you might be able to do quad sound with the sound settings app

D

Deleted member 14196

well, you can't combine DACs, sorry. config the laptops onboard audio to 5.1 and be done with it, or get a better DAC that can support it.

D

Deleted member 14196

Reactions: ng1nx

Vincent_1

Reputable
Sep 7, 2015
With Voicemeeter Banana you can select 3 output device on the 3 physical BUS (A1, A2,A3) and use the different BUS mode to send front stereo (normal mode) or Center only or Rear only or LFE only... and then build a 5.1 P.A. Setup with 3 audio devices... Of course you may configure Voicemeeter virtual input in 5.1 to get 5.1 signal from your player or any PC sources.

With Voicemeeter Banana you can select 3 output device on the 3 physical BUS (A1, A2,A3) and use the different BUS mode to send front stereo (normal mode) or Center only or Rear only or LFE only... and then build a 5.1 P.A. Setup with 3 audio devices... Of course you may configure Voicemeeter virtual input in 5.1 to get 5.1 signal from your player or any PC sources.

You still have the fundamental problem where every application will only use ONE soundcard, so you can never mix multiple soundcards to achieve 5.1 output.

The two options I'd recommend that don't break the bank are the ASUS Xonar DGX and Creative Soundblaster Z. Doesn't seem to be much reason why you'd need to go more upscale then those options.

Vincent_1

Reputable
Sep 7, 2015
You still have the fundamental problem where every application will only use ONE soundcard, so you can never mix multiple soundcards to achieve 5.1 output.

Of course No! Because applications are connected to Voicemeeter virtual input device! they send audio to Voicemeeter virtual input in 5.1 or 7.1 and Voicemeeter can output this into several audio outputs. You may at least take a look on what is Voicemeeter to get the basis: https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/VoicemeeterBanana_UserManual.pdf