Question How do I check the total runtime of the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
Hello. There is a Windows 7 computer I want to check its total runtime. I want to know the runtime, not the boot time.

Boot time - the amount of time the computer is turned on since it was booted.

Runtime - the total amount of time the computer has worked for since it was bought.

I want to check the runtime for the whole system, but to be more specific I'm mostly interested to see the runtime of the CPU.

Is this possible? Is there a command that can show me the information I need?

Maybe a third-party software can do it?

However, you can check the SMART data of the disk having Windows on it, it can give you the "Power On Hours" which is the total running time (same as your computer), and if you didn't set the disk to stop after a certain interval, the "Power On Count" of the disk is also the number of times that you start the computer.

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
Maybe a third-party software can do it?

However, you can check the SMART data of the disk having Windows on it, it can give you the "Power On Hours" which is the total running time (same as your computer), and if you didn't set the disk to stop after a certain interval, the "Power On Count" of the disk is also the number of times that you start the computer.
The computer I'm talking about can't currently be connected to the internet, so I can't download any programs. Is there a offline way to do it? Can the S.M.A.R.T status be seen in offline mode?

Or :

Reactions: TheFlash1300

USAFRet

Titan
Hello. There is a Windows 7 computer I want to check its total runtime. I want to know the runtime, not the boot time.

Boot time - the amount of time the computer is turned on since it was booted.

Runtime - the total amount of time the computer has worked for since it was bought.

I want to check the runtime for the whole system, but to be more specific I'm mostly interested to see the runtime of the CPU.

Is this possible? Is there a command that can show me the information I need?
Run time, as in how long since it was last booted up?
See HDTune, above.
Or TaskManager.

Or total runtime since first turned on, years ago?
Not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.