[SOLVED] How do I figure out the specifications of my laptops cpu?

Feb 9, 2020
I can't seem to find out what socket it is and how many MHZ it runs at. How do I find this out?

I've got a Toshiba Satelite c655 running windows 7 ultimate.

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
You can use task manager for some info and use the internet for the rest most laptops made after 2013 don’t have a socket they are soldered to the board so you don’t really need to know that info

CompuTronix

Intel Master
AyeWaay,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

A quick Google search suggests that the CPU in your Toshiba Satellite C655 is probably a Celeron B815 or possibly a Celeron 925.

However, if you download and run CPU-Z, it will tell you exactly which CPU is in your Toshiba Satellite C655. You can then look it up at Intel's Product Specifications website.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

Reactions: AyeWaay
Solution

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
I had a c655 it came with a pentium and I upgraded it to a i5 2520 and it’s still working totally fine, that being said the Igpu is very weak and isn’t worth it in this day and age

Feb 9, 2020
AyeWaay,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

A quick Google search suggests that the CPU in your Toshiba Satellite C655 is probably a Celeron B815 or possibly a Celeron 925.

However, if you download and run CPU-Z, it will tell you exactly which CPU is in your Toshiba Satellite C655. You can then look it up at Intel's Product Specifications website.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:
Thank you, friend! That program is awesome! It gave me exactly what I was looking for.