[SOLVED] How do i fix "The internet gateway did not accept your changes." ? URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2020
So I'm trying to port forward with my ASUS GT-AX11000. It's not working so I am using the router properties on my Windows 10 PC. (If you want to know why, read below)*
Anyways, out of nowhere all my ports were removed and It's now giving me this error. View: https://imgur.com/Cx21EPT

I just need to know how to fix this. ASUS has no idea obviously because the people they have on the phone are quite clueless, just like me i guess. PLEASE HELP ME!

*I'm using the router properties because I've tried literally everything there is on the web interface to no avail. The properties worked for a while until now. I'm thinking about just getting a new router but I really don't want to do that.

Solution
go into the router and put the ip of your pc in the DMZ. This is not a good long term thing but it tend to be the simplest method to get port forwarding to work.

You need to have some program listening on the port for the port scanners to find it.
You must be attempting to do this in a way I have never seen. You do not do port forwarding rules on your PC settings. The setting is actually inside the router. Now microsoft may have some more garbage in their win10 attempting to set things in the router but that would require special support by the router. The only other thing I can think of it is trying to force UPnP settings. Maybe contact microsoft and ask them exactly what that message means, it is coming from the OS and not your router.

To port forward you normally take a web browser and put in the IP address of your router. You then go though the menus on the router with the web browser and make change there. If you were to do something wrong as you were configuring the router the messages look very very different than the one you display.

Nov 19, 2020
I know you're supposed to do it within the router but that isn't working no matter what I do. I just bought a new router to see if it would fix it, and guess what IT DIDN'T FIX IT. go figure. It must be an issue with my PC then. But what issue???? My firewall is disabled obviously

I'm massively livid as I've been trying to fix this issue for like 2 weeks and just spent $100 on a solution that didn't fix anything.

go into the router and put the ip of your pc in the DMZ. This is not a good long term thing but it tend to be the simplest method to get port forwarding to work.

You need to have some program listening on the port for the port scanners to find it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.