Question How Do I Install Fans On The Lian li o11 Air?

May 29, 2019
Hello to everyone reading. I'm a new PC builder and I just got a new case (The Lian li o11 air) and Im confused on how to install the fans. My case has 5 fans yet I only have 2 fan headers on my motherboard. I noticed the fans also have three connectors which I have not seen in any of the build videos I've watched. I'm guessing that is because the fans are RGB. There are no tutorials from the searching I've done on how to install fans like these. There is a pmw header thing that has a bunch of fan hubs on it. My guess is plug the fans into that but where on earth will that plug into on my motherboard? As you can probably tell I am very confused. I have been stuck on this for a long time now and was close to giving up. Please if anyone can assist me with an explanation or something that would be fantastic. Also I would post pictures of the cables if I knew how :/

Last edited:

Violett

Great
Mar 17, 2019
  1. You can upload a picture on Imgur, and then select “direct link” on Imgur, copy the direct link, and then use the little landscape icon wich is here in your thread and paste to attach the direct link.
  2. What motherboard do you have ?
  3. Please do a list with your components.

Normally the hubs will plug into a fan header on the motherboard but also a SATA Power connector generally connects to the Hub for the fans as well.
So in this NZXT 500i case I have, there is a sata connector powering the fans and connecting to the header on the motherboard (I don't use the RGB though)