alfredjoejr

Commendable
Nov 9, 2021
While a file is being downloaded, where is it stored first? (I mean, while its still downloading)
Because, I've observed that the download speed is usually higher at times, and I just wanted to know where those bits of data are stored while being downloaded and flushed to the destination directory.

Solution
It's going to depend on the App. Some apps will use a temp folder in their directory, then copy it to the destination folder. Others will make a .part file where ever you told it to download and then rename that whatever you were downloading. Neither of these effect the speed of the download.

I've observed that the download speed is usually higher at times

I'm assuming this is your issue, but I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you tell us more?

4745454b

Titan
It's going to depend on the App. Some apps will use a temp folder in their directory, then copy it to the destination folder. Others will make a .part file where ever you told it to download and then rename that whatever you were downloading. Neither of these effect the speed of the download.

I've observed that the download speed is usually higher at times

I'm assuming this is your issue, but I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you tell us more?

Solution