Question How many ARGB Fans can i connect into a single ADD PORT (MOBO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2019
So basically if i had 6 PCCOOLERS CORONA fans (they come in a 3 pack with a 1 to 3 connector for ARGB) if i buy an extra 1 to 3 connector, can i connect the 6 fans into the MOBO? Or i need a HUB? If that is the case, how many is the limit of fans one single ADD PORT can handle?

If you need the MOBO model we are talking about the X570 Taichi

Thanks all!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes and no.

Fans are not lighting. They are seperate. An ARGB 5v fan is the same as an ARGB 5v strip. With a fan attached to it.

The current limit for the lighting total is 3.0A or 15w, upto 2 meters. So in order to determine how many ARGB you can have you need to know the lighting wattage per fan. If it's 1W, you could have 15 fans, if it's 0.5A, then that's 2.5W, so 6 fans.

The actual amount of fans used will also vary, most pwm splitters are 3 fans, any more than that requiring a seperate power link, and the biggest hubs are powered and capable of 10 fans. Any more than that and the PWM signal is so weak it won't control the fans.

So basically you have a 10 PWM fan limit with powered splitters/hub, but how many of them ARGB capable is determined by the lighting amperage not the fans themselves.

Oct 26, 2019
Yes and no.

Fans are not lighting. They are seperate. An ARGB 5v fan is the same as an ARGB 5v strip. With a fan attached to it.

The current limit for the lighting total is 3.0A or 15w, upto 2 meters. So in order to determine how many ARGB you can have you need to know the lighting wattage per fan. If it's 1W, you could have 15 fans, if it's 0.5A, then that's 2.5W, so 6 fans.

The actual amount of fans used will also vary, most pwm splitters are 3 fans, any more than that requiring a seperate power link, and the biggest hubs are powered and capable of 10 fans. Any more than that and the PWM signal is so weak it won't control the fans.

So basically you have a 10 PWM fan limit with powered splitters/hub, but how many of them ARGB capable is determined by the lighting amperage not the fans themselves.

Yes but i can use 2 different PWM ports for the FANs and i should be ok to make them spin right? but I'm not sure about the ARGB port, how i can know what is the consumption for the lights in the fan? I have the values from the box but i think they are related to the FAN total?

It says:
Operating Voltage: 8-13.2VDC
Rated Current: 0.22-0.45A

So with the Current that it says and for what you told me it should work fine for the ARGB too right?
Sorry for so many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS