Jun 15, 2019
Hi, I'm looking to fit more fans to my build, right now I currently have two, one attached to the back and one at the front. My motherboard temps are reaching pretty high for a brand new motherboard so I'm hoping this will calm it down even if just a little.

Here's my build
Seasonic SSR-650FX FOCUS Plus Gold 650W (80+Gold, ATX 12V) PSU/Power Supply
ASUS M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 Motherboard - (Black) (AM3+ FX 760G, 6 x SATA 3Gb/s port(
Asus DUAL-GTX1060-O3G NVIDIA GeForce OC Edition 3 GB GDDR5 192 Bit Memory PCI Express 3 Graphics Card
Corsair Carbide Series 275R Mid-Tower ATX Case
AMD FX-8350 CPU

I'm asking this here instead of the cooling section because I'm not quite sure if my PSU can support more fans or not.
I don't think I have any space left in terms of attaching fans through my motherboard so any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
You can buy a fan controller to plug into the psu and run to the extra fans, many fan controllers have speed controls. You can also buy a splitter which will run two fans off the same spot on the mobo.

You should crank your build, including extra fans that you want to put in, into pcpartpicker.com and see whether the total comes out reasonable relative to your psu. I personally like to keep a good margin below the theoretical max of the psu (like at least 30%). That said Seasonic gold is pretty good.

Greg N