May 8, 2019
I have a 240W PSU and want to upgrade my integrated gpu to a dedicated Graphics card and so I'm wondering how much power does my PC spare so I can look for a GPU accordingly. Also it's a Small Form Factor Computer. Following are my PC components, just in case.
Intel Core i5-4570
120GB SSD
2TB HDD (not sure what 3GB/s means)
12GB DDR3 RAM
Has built-in speakers
Has CD/DVD Rom (I don't use these too often).
Also I would appreciate if you can suggest me a decent GPU to run games like Fortnite at 1050p at med-high settings and 50+fps.

WildCard999

Titan
As-is the best GPU you could probably get away with is the GT 1030 2gb but even that is cutting it kind of close. Measure out the space around the PSU and you should be able to find a good quality SFF PSU that's around 550W which would allow for a better pairing such as the RX 570 4gb which can be had for like $130 if not cheaper.

Reactions: Hashmi11
May 8, 2019
I can't Upload the pic. It asks me to put a web address :/ Sorry but I'm kind of a noob. Anyways, following is everything written on the PSU:
Sticker: 80 Plus Bronze*
AC Input
100-127V~, 50/60 Hz 8.0A
200-240V~, 50/60 Hz 4.0A
DC Output
+12.0V1==12.0A-----|
|----230W--|
+12.0Vcpu==16.0A-| | Total
|------240W Max
+5.08vusb==2.5A--| |
|-15W -------|
-12.0V ==0.2A--|
I hope it makes sense🙂

Also I have 2 brackets of Ram 8GB+4GB

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yeah, you can't attach photos directly, you can only link to photos that you've uploaded elsewhere, or exist out on some other page.

Ok, interesting, 12A on the 12V1 rail, and 16A on the 12V CPU rail. That would technically be 144W on the 12V1 rail, and 196W on the CPU rail. But, of course, 240W max power draw combined on everything.

I'm not sure what to make of it, though - I don't know if 12.0Vcpu means that's ONLY available to the CPU, and everything else is out of the equation, and that the 12V1 rail is "everything else."

As a small form factor, with a small motherboard, I'll guess than the motherboard, RAM, drives, etc., draw more than 50-60W max. Maybe leaving you 80-ish more on that 12V1 rail.

HOWEVER, I am also assuming that your PSU does NOT have a PCIe connector. Therefore, you are limited to video cards that don't have such a connector on them.

Depending on the size/shape of the PSU, and if it and the motherboard uses standard connectors, you may or may not be able to upgrade the PSU.

FURTHER - it is possible, being a small form factor machine, that the PCIe x16 slot may have a marking that says 25W or 35W max on it. This will be a problem whether or not your PSU can be upgraded.

It would look something like this, or this, or similar.