[SOLVED] How much stretching/bending is acceptable for a 24 PIN power connector for Motherboard?

Solution
So long as you don't physically bend the 24 pin female connector on the board and the pins aren't coming out of the make connector of the PSU, then you're fine. I'd advise on keeping that end slack since you want to remove as much stress from the PCB as possible.

Lutfij

Titan
So long as you don't physically bend the 24 pin female connector on the board and the pins aren't coming out of the make connector of the PSU, then you're fine. I'd advise on keeping that end slack since you want to remove as much stress from the PCB as possible.

Reactions: dhruvky94
Solution

dhruvky94

Reputable
Feb 1, 2017

Actually one of the reasons for this wire management was to remove the tension on the motherboard PCB (giving some slack). My main concern is the stress on the wires at the bottom end since they are stretching a lot. I have never done wire management like this before so don't know.

dhruvky94

Reputable
Feb 1, 2017
I have one more option of moving the entire cable a little lower so the bend on the bottom wires will not be as sharp but then there would be a lot of pressure on the power cable from the cable bar.

Just to give you an idea
16053726180989129352635638873415.jpg

Reactions: dhruvky94