[SOLVED] How to change RGB fan colours

Ripable

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Hello, i have recently built my brand new gaming pc and my fans that came included with my case are specified as RGB Rainbow fans. However when i wired my fans up and powered on my computer i noticed that they're fixed to an orange/yellow colour when i want them to be completely Rainbow to match the rest of my parts. When connecting my fans i also realised that they are connected through molex, therefore i had to connect them to my PSU. When researching the case fans and how to make them change colour to Rainbow all of the videos ive seen show that the fans arent connected through molex however mine are for some unknown reason? so i was just curious to see if there was any way that i can change their colours.

The case i own is a:
SILVERSTONE FARA B1 RAINBOW BLACK ATX CASE, T/G WINDOW, NO PSU
and my MOBO is the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 if that i needed as well

Solution
RGB & aRGB fans need to have a motor controller and an LED controller connected separately.

follow the cable(s) directly from one of the fans and you should find it connected to a hub and then the hub would be powered by the molex cable.

you should be able to manipulate a button or other type of controller on the hub to change the color\patterns of the fans.

this hub may even have an aRGB cable leading out that can be connected to a motherboard header that would allow manual control of the aRGB LEDs through a motherboard control software.
RGB & aRGB fans need to have a motor controller and an LED controller connected separately.

follow the cable(s) directly from one of the fans and you should find it connected to a hub and then the hub would be powered by the molex cable.

you should be able to manipulate a button or other type of controller on the hub to change the color\patterns of the fans.

this hub may even have an aRGB cable leading out that can be connected to a motherboard header that would allow manual control of the aRGB LEDs through a motherboard control software.

Solution