TechFailsz23

Prominent
Jan 5, 2021
My game, Garry's Mod, was acting funny, so I tried rebooting my PC. When it booted up, it took a lot longer than usual to load into Windows 10, none of my applications were there, except for Cortana on my taskbar. I unplugged the PSU and plugged it back in, and got the Automatic Repair screen. I retired, and nothing. Can someone please tell me what to do?
(No components list because I'm typing this on my phone.)

Solution
One other question, what does it mean by corrupting the OS?
that software data is corrupted.
files\drivers\applications cannot run correctly because the data is not in the state that it should be.
I have a Windows 10 ISO file, could I use that? If so, how?
if you have a disc(DVD\BluRay) drive, you can create an install disk using your ISO, but it is always a better plan to use the latest version directly from MS.
just go to the Microsoft Windows website and get the latest installer package. there should be tutorials included there that will explain how to create a bootable USB flash drive to install from.
usually means your OS is corrupted\damaged.

run an error check on the disk to ensure the physical drive isn't an issue,
download the latest install package from Microsoft and reinstall Windows,
reinstall all motherboard drivers and software along with fresh copies of everything you were using.

make sure to keep a backup copy of your user files and anything you don't want to lose the next time it happens.

TechFailsz23

Prominent
Jan 5, 2021
usually means your OS is corrupted\damaged.

run an error check on the disk to ensure the physical drive isn't an issue,
download the latest install package from Microsoft and reinstall Windows,
reinstall all motherboard drivers and software along with fresh copies of everything you were using.

make sure to keep a backup copy of your user files and anything you don't want to lose the next time it happens.
Okay. I'm gonna need some more specifics. How do I run the error check? How do I reinstall Windows 10? And, how do I reinstall the drivers? I'm not the greatest with technology.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
It can be tough with a case like this. You had an issue cause you to restart. It didn't restart right the first time, then cutting power likely corrupted your OS. This can be caused by power interruption like that, it can be caused by faulty RAM....and on.

So, what I would likely do FIRST is to get a USB (OS) key and just see if it will boot into the setup process. If it will it (could be) indicative of the system not having issue. Then you would need to concentrate on the drive itself. I cannot recall if the installer actually has a troubleshooter or not, but think you could try install option that "keeps files and folders".
Would probably look into this a bit or wait for other answers, as you could stand to lose some data.

TechFailsz23

Prominent
Jan 5, 2021
It can be tough with a case like this. You had an issue cause you to restart. It didn't restart right the first time, then cutting power likely corrupted your OS. This can be caused by power interruption like that, it can be caused by faulty RAM....and on.

So, what I would likely do FIRST is to get a USB (OS) key and just see if it will boot into the setup process. If it will it (could be) indicative of the system not having issue. Then you would need to concentrate on the drive itself. I cannot recall if the installer actually has a troubleshooter or not, but think you could try install option that "keeps files and folders".
Would probably look into this a bit or wait for other answers, as you could stand to lose some data.
Okay, I can try that. One other question, what does it mean by corrupting the OS? Also, I have a Windows 10 ISO file, could I use that? If so, how?

One other question, what does it mean by corrupting the OS?
files\drivers\applications cannot run correctly because the data is not in the state that it should be.
I have a Windows 10 ISO file, could I use that? If so, how?
if you have a disc(DVD\BluRay) drive, you can create an install disk using your ISO, but it is always a better plan to use the latest version directly from MS.
just go to the Microsoft Windows website and get the latest installer package. there should be tutorials included there that will explain how to create a bootable USB flash drive to install from.

Solution

TechFailsz23

Prominent
Jan 5, 2021
Okay, I'll try to find a useable flash drive. I will update you as the situation progresses.

TechFailsz23

Prominent
Jan 5, 2021
Okay, I am at the drive partition screen when downloading Windows 10. All my partitions cant be used for different reasons. (GPT, not NTFS, reserved MSR, recovery, etc.) There is literally no drive I can put windows in. What do I do? The drives are as follows:
Drive 0 Parition 1. System
Drive 0 Partition 2. MSR Reserved
Drive 0 Parition 3: C: Primary
Drive 0 Parition 4. Recovery
Drive 1 Parition 1. MSR Reserved
Drive 1 Parition 2: D: Primary

Last edited: