Question How to Fix Blue Yeti Microphone Power Problem

Aug 8, 2019
Hi all,

I have a very strange issue with my Blue Yeti Microphone that me and my Uncle have been trying to fix. When I plug my Microphone into the computer the power light on the mute button shines bright but the computer will not recognize the hardware and will even say the hardware is malfunctioning. If I unplug the Microphone and replug it into the computer the power light will become dim and the computer won't recognize the microphone at all. Does anyone know what could be broken in the microphone that may make it react that way?

Also if anyone knows where we could find schematics that would also be helpful! (Yeti_Analog_Rev5) (Yeti Digital PCB Rev7) 1229

We have already tried...
Testing the USB port
Testing a different USB Cord
Testing the Mic on a different computer
Testing some of the resistors on the circuit board (Although we don't have a schematic so were not able to accurately measure them)
Uninstalling drivers on the computer
Cleaning acid off the board and other gunk

Last edited:
Did you test the mic on another system?

You would need to contact the maker of the mic for schematics, it won't be floating around online since it is their intellectual property. If the board had "acid and other gunk" I would think there is your issue.

Did you check if it was in warranty?

Aug 8, 2019
Did you test the mic on another system?

You would need to contact the maker of the mic for schematics, it won't be floating around online since it is their intellectual property. If the board had "acid and other gunk" I would think there is your issue.

Did you check if it was in warranty?
Hey man thanks for reply!

Awesome! I will see if I could contact the original maker about the schematics. Maybe I'll ask them about a warranty as well but I have had the Mic for quite some time so it's unlikely. Unfortunately cleaning the board didn't work, we thought it would as well. Also tested it on another computer with no luck.

Last edited: