Question How to format the disc drive?

Oct 6, 2020
Hello, I have one disk drive of 80gb on my pc, want to format it to start again fresh, can it be formated to factory like condition? If formated do I need to re install a windows?

Oct 6, 2020
That would be excelent, I want to delete all the partition, could it be re installing xp again? I would go with a better windows but since its a 1gb ram pc for now a xp is better, later I'm thinking in installing 2 more gb of ram for a windows upgrade and a graphics card

USAFRet

Titan
That would be excelent, I want to delete all the partition, could it be re installing xp again? I would go with a better windows but since its a 1gb ram pc for now a xp is better, later I'm thinking in installing 2 more gb of ram for a windows upgrade and a graphics card
Why are you putting money into an ancient system and operating system?

You could obtain a reasonably new refurb for $150, incl a current OS license, that would absolutely crush whatever that thing is.

Oct 6, 2020
Kinda low on budget right now is the thing 😧, but thinking in upgrading in the near future, however would have to stick with this for now, so formating the drive disk is possible then? I don't have the original install disk, can it be from a xp iso online for download?

USAFRet

Titan
Kinda low on budget right now is the thing 😧, but thinking in upgrading in the near future, however would have to stick with this for now, so formating the drive disk is possible then? I don't have the original install disk, can it be from a xp iso online for download?
Any XP ISO you find online is likely riddled with malware.

Linux would work much better.
What do you plan to use this thing for?