[SOLVED] How to know if my GPU Dual-bios switch is working when both sides of it have the same BIOS?

So I bought my XFX RX 570 an year ago from a miner. I got it for a good price but it came with a mining BIOS. Even though the GPU has a dual-bios switch, from what I can see both sides of it have the same mining bios. Is there a way to know whether the switch is working or if it's broken as I'm not seeing a change in BIOS when I flip it to either side.

Solution
It's been awhile since I've messed around with the flashing . But I think if you flipped the switch and the card still works then the BIOS is good on both. You can install GPU-Z to check the BIOS version.

If the BIOS has already been flashed, the warranty is no good. That said, if it has a mining BIOS you're not getting the best gaming performance and you can download the original BIOS and flash it yourself using atiflash. Having a dual-BIOS is good, because the flash process can hang up and you can brick the card. I've flashed dozens of AMD RX570/580 BIOS and bricked about 3; however, was able to recover them using a second GPU and forcing the flash using atiflash from the command line. Be sure to use the correct...
It's been awhile since I've messed around with the flashing . But I think if you flipped the switch and the card still works then the BIOS is good on both. You can install GPU-Z to check the BIOS version.

If the BIOS has already been flashed, the warranty is no good. That said, if it has a mining BIOS you're not getting the best gaming performance and you can download the original BIOS and flash it yourself using atiflash. Having a dual-BIOS is good, because the flash process can hang up and you can brick the card. I've flashed dozens of AMD RX570/580 BIOS and bricked about 3; however, was able to recover them using a second GPU and forcing the flash using atiflash from the command line. Be sure to use the correct BIOS by choosing the 4GB or 8GB BIOS.

Reactions: Tioym
Solution

If the BIOS has already been flashed, the warranty is no good. That said, if it has a mining BIOS you're not getting the best gaming performance and you can download the original BIOS and flash it yourself using atiflash. Having a dual-BIOS is good, because the flash process can hang up and you can brick the card. I've flashed dozens of AMD RX570/580 BIOS and bricked about 3; however, was able to recover them using a second GPU and forcing the flash using atiflash from the command line. Be sure to use the correct BIOS by choosing the 4GB or 8GB BIOS.
Yeah, it seems that the previous owner installed the same mining BIOS on both sides of the switch. After a bit of research I flashed it back to the stock BIOS without any complications.

Reactions: MrN1ce9uy