mihajlomiki190904

Prominent
Jun 30, 2018
So I just bought a new HDD, literally right now.
There's a couple of problems. I got no experience with it. Someone please help. It's urgent.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, can TWO HDDs work at the same time in one PC?
I already have a HDD, and I bought the second one so I can have more space.
Can they both work at the same time or I can have only ONE HDD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second of all, how do I mount the HDD into my PC?
Do I need some tools? Or I only gotta connect it with SATA III and that's it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Third, does my PC gotta be turned OFF while mounting a HDD?
And when I mount it, how do I make partitions? I saw that I gotta do something in BIOS, help please.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess I need step by step guide...
Thanks!

Solution
"First of all, can TWO HDDs work at the same time in one PC? "
Yes

"Second of all, how do I mount the HDD into my PC? "
Pretty much however you want....but usually in a desktop there is a bay for it.
....but if there isn't....I have used velcro....rubberbands....you name it....just make sure the circuit board on the bottom of the HDD isn't touching anything.

"Third, does my PC gotta be turned OFF while mounting a HDD? "
Yes.

Here's a general procedure.

Power off the PC. Find an available SATA port on the MB. Connect this to the HD with a SATA data cable. Find an available power connector from the PC. Connect this to the HDD.
Power up.....go to the BIOS....you should see the HDD there. Save and exit the BIOS.

Then let it boot...
Yes

....but if there isn't....I have used velcro....rubberbands....you name it....just make sure the circuit board on the bottom of the HDD isn't touching anything.

Yes.

Power off the PC. Find an available SATA port on the MB. Connect this to the HD with a SATA data cable. Find an available power connector from the PC. Connect this to the HDD.
Power up.....go to the BIOS....you should see the HDD there. Save and exit the BIOS.

Then let it boot into Windows. Go to Disk Management. Create the partitions (I would make one big partition for the whole disk). Then format it.

Reactions: mihajlomiki190904
Solution

mihajlomiki190904

Prominent
Jun 30, 2018
Yes

Yes.

Then let it boot into Windows. Go to Disk Management. Create the partitions (I would make one big partition for the whole disk). Then format it.

Thank you man, you helped me a lot! ❤
As I said, I have no experience in mounting a Hard Disk, the only thing I mounted myself was a GPU and Power Supply...
Thank you so much! :)

TRENDING THREADS