[SOLVED] how to recover deleted file that has been overwritten?

anaufal274

Prominent
Dec 3, 2018
hello, i accidentally delete videos that i make and its very important. i tought it was gonna go to recycle bin but its not! i think because of the size is 40+gb? and i already use easeus, recuva, diskdrill and no result. i think its been overwritten. i cant use system restore because of the date point is before the making of videos. And what to do now? because its very important video for my company. please help me

Solution
dude its just wrong button to press, i always do backup (i mean automated backup) but not like 5 minute, i know its my fault. And can i ask, whats the different between autopsy and others like recuva etc?
dood, you're the one with the missing file.
If it is a BRAND NEW THING you just created....surely you still have all the source files.
Or if you didn't "create" this, get it from the same place you did earlier.

Autopsy is a very comprehensive tool.
It is free. try it.

USAFRet

Titan
hello, i accidentally delete videos that i make and its very important. i tought it was gonna go to recycle bin but its not! i think because of the size is 40+gb? and i already use easeus, recuva, diskdrill and no result. i think its been overwritten. i cant use system restore because of the date point is before the making of videos. And what to do now? because its very important video for my company. please help me
If you've tried the typical consumer level tools to no success (and you have)...
and if it has been overwritten...a 40GB file, almost certainly parts or all have been actually over written...
and if there is no backup (WHY NOT?!?)

This is when you beg your boss not to fire you.
That thing is gone.

Reactions: Nemesia

anaufal274

Prominent
Dec 3, 2018
If you've tried the typical consumer level tools to no success (and you have)...
and if it has been overwritten...a 40GB file, almost certainly parts or all have been actually over written...
and if there is no backup (WHY NOT?!?)

This is when you beg your boss not to fire you.
That thing is gone.
ofc there is no backup, my videos its like 4 minutes ago and i accidentally press delete (i was about to press home button bcz its my shortcut on obs)

USAFRet

Titan
ofc there is no backup, my videos its like 4 minutes ago and i accidentally press delete (i was about to press home button bcz its my shortcut on obs)
"ofc there is no backup"
Why 'of course not' ? That is a standard concept in any rational business, or even home setup.

"and i already use easeus, recuva, diskdrill and no result. "
If you tried those to no effect, you are out of luck.

Maybe try Autopsy.

anaufal274

Prominent
Dec 3, 2018
"ofc there is no backup"
Why 'of course not' ? That is a standard concept in any rational business, or even home setup.

"and i already use easeus, recuva, diskdrill and no result. "
If you tried those to no effect, you are out of luck.

Maybe try Autopsy.
dude its just wrong button to press, i always do backup (i mean automated backup) but not like 5 minute, i know its my fault. And can i ask, whats the different between autopsy and others like recuva etc?

anaufal274

Prominent
Dec 3, 2018
I don't want to pour salt on one wound, but the damage has been done...
  • when you deleted that video, you're reminded that it's too big to go to Recycle Bin;
  • if this video was so important - why there was only one copy?
yes, my fault its that i didnt read that reminder, instead just fast enter button

USAFRet

Titan
dood, you're the one with the missing file.
If it is a BRAND NEW THING you just created....surely you still have all the source files.
Or if you didn't "create" this, get it from the same place you did earlier.

Autopsy is a very comprehensive tool.
It is free. try it.

Solution