[SOLVED] How to stop windows 10 from downloading Nvidia drivers?

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Hi guys, i have some simple question and need some help.

I'm running windows 10 version 1809, today i was updating my windows as normal, but getting so annoyed from seeing Nvidia driver update for my Nvidia GPU is being downloaded from windows update.

Actually i like my current driver, and don't wanna to change as its stable and gives me decent performance on gaming, in addition its not that old for games (March 2019).

I just need some way to prevent windows update form downloading Nvidia drivers, just only windows update files only.

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
I like the replies, so much thanks and appreciation for, voted up also, but looks to me (as a not professional user with windows 10) as some illegal and complicated ways to disable Nvidia driver downloads in windows 10 update, and i'm actually not feeling comfortable with.

Again so much appreciation for replies.

Wolfshadw

Titan
There's nothing illegal about either of these options.

Microsoft included driver updates as part of it's OS in order to make things much more simple for it's common users. However, they realize that there are parts of their customer base that prefer to do things their own way and still provide a way to disable that function. They make it somewhat complicated to make sure that the common user doesn't easily stumble upon it as well as to make sure YOU know what you want to be doing.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Colif

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wouldn't offer any advice that is illegal :)

I do admit it might be complicated, its why i showed a link to how to backup registry as if you did do something wrong in there, it can have dire consequences for the install.

There used to be an easier way but MIcrosoft don't want you turning that feature off. Too many want to turn updates off and then when a bug comes along, they blame MS when it might have been patched already