[SOLVED] How to turn off LED on a Fan

Baraa_Al Turk

Reputable
Sep 20, 2020
I have the DEEP COOL GAMMAXX GTE V2 (Blue LED only) and I'm wondering how to turn off the light of the fan since its really annoying. the fan comes with only 1 cable which is the 4 pin fan header, nothing else to control with, now is there a way to turn off the Blue light? I've an Asus b550 rog mobo and I tried controlling the light using Armory Crate maybe by turning it off or on maybe that would work, but obviously nothing happened since it doesn't come with neither a 5v ARGB header nor 12v RGB header.

Solution
I have the DEEP COOL GAMMAXX GTE V2 (Blue LED only) and I'm wondering how to turn off the light of the fan since its really annoying. the fan comes with only 1 cable which is the 4 pin fan header, nothing else to control with, now is there a way to turn off the Blue light? I've an Asus b550 rog mobo and I tried controlling the light using Armory Crate maybe by turning it off or on maybe that would work, but obviously nothing happened since it doesn't come with neither a 5v ARGB header nor 12v RGB header.
Only way is to find wire leading to LEDs and cut it.
Only way is to find wire leading to LEDs and cut it.

Solution

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
CountMike is right. To let you know, this is not simple. The LED's in the fan are simply connected to the same power source wires that the motor is connected to. So you would need to find a way to open the fan up. find the right wire, and cut that. It is almost impossible to disassemble any of today's fans and re-assemble them to work properly afterwards.

Reactions: CountMike