[SOLVED] HP Prodesk 600 G3 wont post

NickyTechyGuy

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
This computer was working great for a while, then I took out the original i7-7700 out to put in my brother's new PC and I put an old (but still working prior) Pentium G4560 in its so my mom could have it. Installed a new SSD and tried to boot it just to get 3 long red beeps and 2 short white beeps which according to HPs site is a "memory initialization error". I tried reseating the RAM (1 stick of 4gb ddr4) in each slot, taking it out completely, and even trying my own ram from my working PC and it still didn't work.

Solution
It's possible that the IMC on the G4560 is bust. Have you tried working with the G4560 on another known working motherboard?

NickyTechyGuy

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
It's possible that the IMC on teh G4560 is bust. have you tried working with the G4560 on another known working motherboard?
CPU is almost certainly dead. Tried it in my brother's rig and it spun up then immediately turned off every time. Put the i7 back in his rig and it worked again just fine. Thank you for the help (even if its not the anwer I hoped for :C)

Reactions: Lutfij