Jun 5, 2019
Hi. Im having an issue with my mic where after about 5-10 seconds of being plugged in it makes a buzz noise then just stops working altogether. Ive tried-

Setting to default sound and communication Device.
Restarting my computer
Deleting the device in the device list and letting it reinstall
Unplugging it from the USB slot and using different slots, both 3.1 and non.

All dont work, Unplugging it and back in works for about 5 seconds but its only a 30 second fix. The headphone portion works perfectly fine so I know its narrowed down to the mic itself. Can the plug-in mic on Cloud 2's go bad? Its seated properly and seems to work fine for all of those 5 seconds. The only way I know it stops working is if im in discord and my friends tell me they hear the buzz/pop noise, or if I just randomly stop seeing my circle light up.

The only relevant specs I can think to give are:
Hyperx Cloud 2 headset plug in mic.
Motherboard is Asus H110-plus.
All drivers are built in, no external downloads. Tried updates and complete reinstalls of them too.
W10 aswell.
If theres any other needed specs just tell me.

Solution
Wow...library. You really don't know anyone. I wouldn't proceed with any additional troubleshooting until after I tested it in another system at this point. The only way to find out if it's he system or headset is that suggestion or purchase another headset from amazon prime or some vendor with a return policy.
Jun 5, 2019
You can leave the building with the headset.
So lets say I went to the library and went through the hour process of getting a card to get on a computer just to test if this mic worked on one of theirs. What would be the next step if it did work on theirs and if it didnt work? I could drive half an hour to the nearest bestbuy and have geeksquad plug it in to test on one of theirs but Id still be back at this question. So sarcasm aside with the 100lbs headset. What would the next troubleshooting step be after verifying if it works or not on another computer?

Oct 11, 2019
Hi. Im having an issue with my mic where after about 5-10 seconds of being plugged in it makes a buzz noise then just stops working altogether. Ive tried-

Setting to default sound and communication Device.
Restarting my computer
Deleting the device in the device list and letting it reinstall
Unplugging it from the USB slot and using different slots, both 3.1 and non.

All dont work, Unplugging it and back in works for about 5 seconds but its only a 30 second fix. The headphone portion works perfectly fine so I know its narrowed down to the mic itself. Can the plug-in mic on Cloud 2's go bad? Its seated properly and seems to work fine for all of those 5 seconds. The only way I know it stops working is if im in discord and my friends tell me they hear the buzz/pop noise, or if I just randomly stop seeing my circle light up.

The only relevant specs I can think to give are:
Hyperx Cloud 2 headset plug in mic.
Motherboard is Asus H110-plus.
All drivers are built in, no external downloads. Tried updates and complete reinstalls of them too.
W10 aswell.
If theres any other needed specs just tell me.

I have absolutely the same problem when I connect this headset by USB. If I use jack connector, big noise is in the record. The record is clear with USB connector, but recording mic stops after about 5 seconds.
Found you any solution?