[SOLVED] I’m really confused about my router

Aug 20, 2019
Today I had a perfect day I don’t remember when was the last time I’ve been as happy as I was today then when I get on my PC first 20min were good and everything was working then when I went on YT my page didn’t load and my ethernet stopped working, so I waited like 5min and it didn’t come back, so I restarted my PC then it was surprisingly working again but after 5min it stopped again and I restarted my PC once again and same thing occurred again. BTW my wifi on phone was working when the ethernet wasn’t, and I got really mad and I’m sooo confused.

Is there a problem with my router or with my PC? Should I plug my router out and back in? Will that fix it?

Please help

Solution
Today I had a perfect day I don’t remember when was the last time I’ve been as happy as I was today then when I get on my PC first 20min were good and everything was working then when I went on YT my page didn’t load and my ethernet stopped working, so I waited like 5min and it didn’t come back, so I restarted my PC then it was surprisingly working again but after 5min it stopped again and I restarted my PC once again and same thing occurred again. BTW my wifi on phone was working when the ethernet wasn’t, and I got really mad and I’m sooo confused.

Is there a problem with my router or with my PC? Should I plug my router out and back in? Will that fix it?

Please help
Start by trying safe mode with networking...

kanewolf

Titan

Please help
Start by trying safe mode with networking. Also get a linux live CD/USB and boot that. Those are all things to help determine if you have a hardware problem or a software problem on your PC.
Is your PC cabled directly to your router or does it use in-wall wiring? Are you using "flat" ethernet cables?

Reactions: Splixer
Solution
Aug 20, 2019
Start by trying safe mode with networking. Also get a linux live CD/USB and boot that. Those are all things to help determine if you have a hardware problem or a software problem on your PC.
Is your PC cabled directly to your router or does it use in-wall wiring? Are you using "flat" ethernet cables?

Hey, thanks for your reply. Later this day I've noticed that also my TV and my wifi on phone doesn't work, the issue seems to be with my network provider which I think is a good sign since that means that most likely there is nothing wrong with my router or PC but that its my networks provider fault and they will take care of it asap. Have a wonderful day

Hey, thanks for your reply. Later this day I've noticed that also my TV and my wifi on phone doesn't work, the issue seems to be with my network provider which I think is a good sign since that means that most likely there is nothing wrong with my router or PC but that its my networks provider fault and they will take care of it asap. Have a wonderful day
Your ISP might be working in your area, which could cause intermittent Internet. I didn't mention that since you stated that the Wi-Fi was working.

..BTW my wifi on phone was working when the ethernet wasn’t, and I got really mad and I’m sooo confused.

Reactions: Splixer