[SOLVED] I am getting q led code 00 on asus strix x570-e with ryzen 7 3700x

May 4, 2021
Hi I recently built a desktop and with everything plugged in I get q led code 00 immediately after I press the power button. The boot, cpu, vga, dram lights are all off. All of my fans turn on and light up. The built in rgb on the motherboard cycles through colors when the psu is flipped on and turns red once I press the power button. If I remove everything except the 24 pin power connector and the cpu the same exact thing happens. The bios flashback also works. Does anyone know what might be the problem (I think it might be the cpu).

Solution
Because QCode 00 is undocumented it is a large flag and can also be a short to MB standoffs.
If it continues then the only way is to Benchtest out of your Case in a minimalist state where you add hardware components one at a time till the culprit is found.

Here is the checklist that is initially referred to:

If your Bios is up to date using flashback and you cleared CMOS and still you get Q CODE 00 then bench testing is the best way to go. This way you eliminated the possibility of a short to the Motherboard from debris, a wayward screw or stand offs incorrectly placed.
Yes there is the possibility it is the CPU so...
Because QCode 00 is undocumented it is a large flag and can also be a short to MB standoffs.
If it continues then the only way is to Benchtest out of your Case in a minimalist state where you add hardware components one at a time till the culprit is found.

Here is the checklist that is initially referred to:

If your Bios is up to date using flashback and you cleared CMOS and still you get Q CODE 00 then bench testing is the best way to go. This way you eliminated the possibility of a short to the Motherboard from debris, a wayward screw or stand offs incorrectly placed.
Yes there is the possibility it is the CPU so check the CPU for bent pins. Overtightening the CPU hold down brackets can also cause this..

Last edited:
Solution
May 4, 2021
I Benchtested everything like you said and still the same issue. I did have to unbend some cpu pins but it fit in the socket with no bent pins when I was done in case that helps. Any other suggestions?

The fact that you had bent pins has my worried. Whilst in benchtest mode try swapping out the PSU with a known working unit of the same or higher Wattage. You need to somehow check your PSU for out of spec rail voltages which can cause this problem.
List your PSU?
Please list your RAM part/number ? Try clearing CMOS and just use 1 DIMM module in the slot meant for Single channel mode. Switch modules around in case one is faulty or use Memtest86 in another system to test all modules.
Should the above prove fruitless then I suspect the CPU. If so then RMA.
If you report bent pins then your warranty is void as it will be determined as user error.

Last edited:

jeremy0118

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
I Benchtested everything like you said and still the same issue. I did have to unbend some cpu pins but it fit in the socket with no bent pins when I was done in case that helps. Any other suggestions?

and you didnt think this was important to mention right away because???... if youre this nonchalant about bent pins one can only guess what else you screwed during building process.

Last edited: