Question I am having problems booting with my new M.2 SSD and i need someone to help

Feb 19, 2019
I ordered the Samsung 970 EVO PLUS SSD to put in my PC. I put it in my PC and it booted fine and i installed samsung magician. However I could not see it in my file manager until fiddle around with settings and basically identified a letter to it. I could then see it. I have a load of info my current HDD that i wanted to clone to the SSD and the space wasnt a problem. So i used Samsungs Data Migration software and no problems appeared when it finished. I then shutdown my computer and restarted it and tried changing the boot options to the new SSD since i had cloned it. When i clicked it I recieved a message along the lines of put in a valid boot drive option, so I had to boot from my HDD. When I tried opening file manager again I could not see my SSD even though i had assigned it to a letter before i shutdown the computer. I checked to see if the migration had worked and the storage in my ssd filled to the amount I cloned from my HDD. My problem is why the SSD is not appearing and why cant i boot with it and how should i go about this.

HELP !!!

Here are my parts:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gmvVzY

Feb 19, 2019
when I went back in to computer management it said my SSD was offline because a signature was collided with it or something but i clicked online and now it is online and i can see it in my file explorer!! The only problem now is trying to boot my computer using my SSD and not my HDD

Feb 19, 2019
If you didn't clone from a NVMe storage drive that is not going to work because you have no NVMe driver included.

https://forum.macrium.com/Topic21731-1.aspx

You will need to format the drive so that it is bootable. Then you will need to copy all your data from your HDD to your SSD using the data migration software that Samsung gives you. Once you do that, you go into your bios and set it to boot off of the SSD.
so could i use the ap rufus to turn it into a bootable USB and then use migration tool to transfer all the data to my SSD and then i should be able to reboot using SSD?

TRENDING THREADS