Question I can't start installation on a new PC

Jul 5, 2023
Hello, I'm experiencing rather unusual issue where my new PC cannot proceed with the installation of an OS.
After I finished building PC, first configuration loaded correctly and BIOS works properly. I've created Windows 10 installation on a USB drive, but every time I tried to open it, it froze in about 5 seconds. It's hard to tell whether it's the mouse and keyboard that stopped working or the installator itself. I think it just froze and the only thing I could do was to hard reset the machine. If I tried booting from USB without going to BIOS I would get a BSoD with an error that critical process died. This also happens with installation of Win11, and older versions of Windows can't be even opened at all. I tried installing older Windows 10 and it just throws me right back at the BIOS Boot screen. When I tried to install Linux Ubuntu I got to the part with a selection window, but clicking "Install Ubuntu" just made the screen go black, nothing happened, had to hard reset again.

I've updated the BIOS, but after a few failed instalations.
The BIOS shows everything correctly like CPU info, RAM, temps, etc. I didn't change anything in the settings.
I can't figure out what is failing and how to fix it. For the first time I see properly working BIOS and every installation of any OS failing.

Specs:
Asus Tuf Gaming B760-PLUS
Intel i5-13400f
RTX 4060ti
Lexar Thor 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
Lexar NM710 2TB
be quiet Pure Power 12M 750W

Hello, I'm experiencing rather unusual issue where my new PC cannot proceed with the installation of an OS.
After I finished building PC, first configuration loaded correctly and BIOS works properly. I've created Windows 10 installation on a USB drive, but every time I tried to open it, it froze in about 5 seconds. It's hard to tell whether it's the mouse and keyboard that stopped working or the installator itself. I think it just froze and the only thing I could do was to hard reset the machine. If I tried booting from USB without going to BIOS I would get a BSoD with an error that critical process died. This also happens with installation of Win11, and older versions of Windows can't be even opened at all. I tried installing older Windows 10 and it just throws me right back at the BIOS Boot screen. When I tried to install Linux Ubuntu I got to the part with a selection window, but clicking "Install Ubuntu" just made the screen go black, nothing happened, had to hard reset again.

I've updated the BIOS, but after a few failed instalations.
The BIOS shows everything correctly like CPU info, RAM, temps, etc. I didn't change anything in the settings.
I can't figure out what is failing and how to fix it. For the first time I see properly working BIOS and every installation of any OS failing.

Specs:
Asus Tuf Gaming B760-PLUS
Intel i5-13400f
RTX 4060ti
Lexar Thor 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
Lexar NM710 2TB
be quiet Pure Power 12M 750W
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick see if it will boot and run error free.

Jul 5, 2023
Check the seating of your RAM, make sure they are fully seated and the clamps are all down the same. Same with power connectors.
I did that and a number of other things recommended by my friends. Tldr: it worked!

First I removed both RAM sticks and installed one of them, again, but in other slot. I removed and plugged in my GPU again. In BIOS (which was already updated) I turned off ReBar and made a "Secure Clean" of my only SSD drive. After restarting the PC the installer worked properly as it should be. I planned on installing Windows 10 and then upgrading to Windows 11, but if that Win11 installer worked, I just left that as it was.

Most importantly, something worked, and the issue is gone now, thank you very much!

Reactions: rickypicky5