Question I dont know how to explain my problem in the title

Aug 17, 2022
[Note: Moderator edit to break up one continuing line of text.}

Please help, my wifi acts so weird that it gives me brain damage,

ok so first of all, I have 2 routers (1 downstairs and 1 upstairs) connected to each other, and i have 2 wifi networks (lets call them net1 and net 2) and net1 and net 2 only work on my phone, net1 only connects to certain websites (most notably google and youtube)

and net 2 connects to every website, my smart tv (pretty sure samsung) for some reason cant connect to the internet using neither of the networks i mentioned nor the ethernet cable it is connected to, secondly, my router upstairs is pretty broken, it cannot connect to nor my xbox or pc upstairs, but can still to my phone which i just find weird,

also, every time i say ethernet cable isnt working, i mean its only connected to LAN and cannot connect to the internet, although my pc downstairs which is connected directly to the main router, works perfectly fine,

the only thing which confuses me is why the wifi works on my phone but not on my other devices and why net1 only can connect to google and youtube and some other websites but not to stuff like twitter and reddit

and net2 can connect to every website and why arent the ethernet cables working (also i forgot to mention but my smart tv also has its own device that it is connected to through an ethernet cable

and im sorry if what i explain is very confusing im not the one who usually handles the wifi and router things here, the one who does is at india right now)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Much more information is needed and that would include a working diagram of your network showing the modem, router(s), and all other network devices - wired and wireless. What devices work, which are in Net1, which are in Net 2, etc..

Make and model information for modem and routers is needed as well.

Do you have admin rights to the routers? If not then there is little that you can do without having some assistance from the admin person (now in India).

You could make things worse and, unfortunately, probably have already have made things worse by doing the hard resets. No more Xbox for example.

Especially in a modem and two router environment with apparently separate networks. (The second router possibly being an Access Point.)

The routers are all now back to factory settings and any connected network devices (such as the Xbox) will or may need to be reconfigured accordingly in order to restore network connections.

Or the routers restored to the pre-reset configuration settings put into place by the absent admin person.

You need to contact that person.

Aug 17, 2022
I do have admin access to the routers, I'm pretty sure all of the routers are connected to the main router and I know the main one is a HOTBOX and all the other ones (or thats atleast what I know) are xiaomi routers, and what configurations do I need to make for them to work together again? Something to do with the DNS server?

Ralston18

Titan
In general it is fairly straight forward to set up a home network environment.

However, that becomes much more difficult with a modem, multiple routers (?), multiple devices and the apparent requirement for two networks.

Starting completely over may be necessary and much easier than trying to restore the original configuration. Especially if you do not know the full network and original configuration.

All must be properly physically connected and configured. And that includes devices that may need a physical connection to configure before disconnecting for wireless use - such as an Access Point for example.

Do you have the applicable User Guides and Manuals for the modem and Xiaomi router(s). And other devices as well? The "HOTBOX"?

You will need the User Guide/Manual specific to each model being used.

It will take some time and effort but you must plan out how it is all to be "put together" again.

You will need a diagram to show how all devices are truly connected or required to be connected. Then you must configure each device accordingly with respect to the main router paying attention to details such the router's Gateway address, any required static IP addresses, and so forth.

Once you have it all planned out as you believe is necessary and required provide that plan to the absent admin person in India. Only he or she can tell you or otherwise determine if your plan is correct for your environment.

And/or otherwise help walk you through getting it all to work again.