Aug 11, 2019
So For some reason, EVERY monitor i have currently is doing the very same thing, When connected to power, they flash on then shut off, Each 4 of these monitors Were functioning the night before, and due to the heat(Because i live in texas) i put my system into sleep mode manually, EACH time, the monitor has died, Yet i have a TV also connected to the computer which is fine, and has been fine through the 4 monitor deaths...And trust me they are dead, connecting to different power cables, different outlets and different computers results in the same exact cycle, they flash on for about an 8th of a second not even long enough for the display to start then go back off... At first i chocked it up too me buying cheep monitors, but this last monitor was one that i have been using as an emergency back up for years and know is not faulty, or was not faulty before being attached to this computer as i have had it for about 5 years, But the other 3, 2 were less than 2 years old, and one was less than 6 months old and ALL 4 of them show EXACTLY the same signs, The power light turns blue, or green, then back to amber, then on again, and then off infinitely no matter what i do. Is there ANYTHING i can do to save these monitors, cause i really would hate to just be out 4 monitors because of something that is possibly fixable...Does anyone have any ideas, i will post my system specs in a response to this if anyone needs them

Aug 11, 2019
System specs

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i5-7600K 3.80GHZ 6MB Intel Smart Cache
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (Patriot Viper Elite)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2 ATX w/ USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe
x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply -
SLI/CrossFireX Ready
VIDEO: EVGA GeForce(R) GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 Edition 8GB GDDR5
(Pascal)[VR Ready]
HD_M2SSD: 128GB SanDisk X400 M.2 SATA III 6Gb/s SSD - 520MB/s Read &
415MB/s Write [+8] (Single Drive)
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-18] (Single Drive)

Aug 11, 2019
I am using them through a UPS with built in surge protection, and have used different power cables as well for each
-edit- Also it is the same thing the rest of my system is plugged into including the tv, but ONLY the monitors have gone out, and ONLY after my system has gone into sleep mode

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I am using them through a UPS with built in surge protection, and have used different power cables as well for each
-edit- Also it is the same thing the rest of my system is plugged into including the tv, but ONLY the monitors have gone out, and ONLY after my system has gone into sleep mode
Have you been using the same UPS and GPU for the entire time that displays have been dying?

Going into sleep mode should not damage a display

Aug 11, 2019
Yes, i have not changed anything about the current configuration of the system outside of using different ports on the ups each time...and i agree going into sleep should not damage the monitor, but That is Exactly what it seems like is happening, because the issue has never happened during a system restart or power off, power on cycle....only when the system has gone into sleep mode, and since i RARELY use sleep mode i can literally count the times i have used it, and only maybe 3 out of the 7 times i have used it has it come out of sleep fine, the other 4 times, it killed my monitor...and ONLY the monitor, as i said i have a tv hooked up that works just fine, and has been connected through the deaths of the previous 4 monitors, same gpu, same UPS.

[edit] Also 3 of the monitors were hdmi, 1 monitor was going through VGA...if that throws a wrench into anything else for this jacked up situation

Aug 11, 2019
Not really, but i have access to another computer, but when connected to the other computer none of the monitors work, i can double check with this latest one, but yeah...

Aug 11, 2019
Again, i would be inclined to agree with you, but if thats the case, then why has the TV not been borked, when i has been connected consistently the longest....thats what doesnt make sense....and the only thing i can think of on that front is that the TV shuts off automatically when nothing is using it after a few minutes, and only turns back on when i press the power button, where as the monitors have an auto power function...and at this point i dont really care about what caused it, im more trying to find ideas to fix it, even if that requires cracking them open, id really hate to literally be out 4 monitors, cause thats almost 900$ in lcd screens that would be basically garbage at this point, all because for some reason the power on function on all 4 is being stupid

Aug 11, 2019
also, just to throw another wrench into the weirdness, though the tv has consistently been connected to the computer, it has not been through the same port, it has at various points used all 4 of the connections on my gpu (VGA,DVI,HDMI and Display port)

Aug 11, 2019
Nope, My office is enclosed as i work from home with sensitive information, and my office is air conditioned keeping it at a fairly consistent 72 degrees, except for when i go to bed, when i normally turn my computer off, But like an idiot last night i thought "Eh sleep mode should be enough, so i can finish background downloading some stuff while i slept" And Thank you COLGeek, i at this point just want to know if there is anything i can possibly do to save the monitors...cause i'd really hate to be out 4 displays....cause 3 of them are basically identical in dimensions, and it'd be a shame to throw out 3 24 inch 1080p displays if they are fixable

Aug 11, 2019
Fair enough, Yeah i suppose at this point the only common factors between the 4, was they were used extended from the TV not mirrored, They were connected to my GPU and UPS, and all died after the system went into sleep mode.

Have you run the self test on your UPS ? Usually UPS software allows a diagnostic test that will cycle the power to test the UPS load capability and run time.

If the UPS tests ok then your GPU is borked...probably has a faulty VRM or Ramdac which is frying the input of your monitors. I can only guess the TV being a larger unit has a more robust signal delivery system than the monitors since it is designed to accept over the air TV inputs which can vary wildly in input signal strength.

There are two connections to the monitors:

1. The ups and the power cable.
I doubt that the ups is the issue.
You could test by connecting all without a UPS, but that could cost you yet another monitor.

2. the graphics card.
I really think you should contact EVGA support on this issue.
They may have a firmware fix for this issue.
If they admit to a fault in their graphics card, you may even get compensation for the damaged monitors.

Since the monitors do not work elsewhere, I think they are truly damaged, likely beyond a reasonable cost to repair.

Sleep mode does send signals to a monitor to put it into a low power mode.

Aug 8, 2019
Yes, i have not changed anything about the current configuration of the system outside of using different ports on the ups each time...and i agree going into sleep should not damage the monitor, but That is Exactly what it seems like is happening, because the issue has never happened during a system restart or power off, power on cycle....only when the system has gone into sleep mode, and since i RARELY use sleep mode i can literally count the times i have used it, and only maybe 3 out of the 7 times i have used it has it come out of sleep fine, the other 4 times, it killed my monitor...and ONLY the monitor, as i said i have a tv hooked up that works just fine, and has been connected through the deaths of the previous 4 monitors, same gpu, same UPS.

[edit] Also 3 of the monitors were hdmi, 1 monitor was going through VGA...if that throws a wrench into anything else for this jacked up situation

I'm sorry but I'm to tired to read all the replies you've received so far, but I don't think it is related to your PC,
I have never heard about a screen dying because of a PC, everything is well regulated and it all goes through HDMI ports.
GPUs nowadays all have a special coating that prevent static electricity or any other kind of electric spikes.

I would argue that it has to do with the +- and ground, have you tried to RMA the displays? They could they find out what happened or what is damaged (?)
Have you tried different HDMI cables?
Maybe a PC you can borrow?

It's strange the screens only work on that PC and not the other one you own.

EDIT: Have you tried changing the refresh rate of your monitors? I can't remember the name, but changing it to something higher might also damage the screen and lower its lifepsan

Aug 11, 2019
Ok, so to clarify some things, first 2 were the same type, the other two however were not same brand, so i doubt it can come down to faults with the monitors, as i have one of a similar brand, that is almost 3 years older that is currently working just fine on my wifes computer, but ALL 4 of the monitors that were connected to my computer, Will not even power on, even when disconnected from a source, as in, the Amber light flashes to its powered on color(Be it blue or green) for a few seconds then back to amber, not showing no source or anything like that, just nothing, sometimes they appear to at least be Lighting the back light, but no image displays. here later today i will be getting the serial for my gfx card and seeing if evga knows anything about the issue, i am also contacting the Builders of my PC(Cyberpower) to see if they know anything, at this point really im more on an inquisition to figure out what has happened and how i can prevent it in the future, and if possible Repair my monitors....as its kinda sucky to lose 3 1080P 23inch monitors and a cheap backup monitor...so like i said, any ideas on repair options for the monitors would also be Welcomed