Question I have in game graphics screen flickering problem

Aug 7, 2019
I have MSI R7 370 4GB and when i'm on desktop it's all fine, or something not very demanding, but when i load a game (forza horizon 4 or PUBG) there's a horrible screen flicker, in FH4 on the road textures are flickering black, but only on some bits of the road, and car's textures are flickering, in pubg there are constatly apprearing black textures on the ground and on the character, it's not overheating, max temp is 68C on full load, i was thinking maybe it was the clock but i don't think so cause i haven't done anything, i was trying different drivers but nothing helps, but when i load a less demanding game it's ok, like League Of Legends, there's flicker only in river but it's kinda diffrent, i would appreciate any kind of help, i wanna know if the GPU is dead or it can be fixed
My Specs
AMD FX6300 Vishera
8GB DDR3 HyperX Fury 1866mhz
MTB: Gigabyte 970 A DS3P
Kingston 120GB SSD
Toshiba 500GB HDD
Chieftec 500W Smart Series
MSI R7 370 4GB

Last edited:

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
I have MSI R7 370 4GB and when i'm on desktop it's all fine, or something not very demanding, but when i load a game (forza horizon 4 or PUBG) there's a horrible screen flicker, in FH4 on the road textures are flickering black, but only on some bits of the road, and car's textures are flickering, in pubg there are constatly apprearing black textures on the ground and on the character, it's not overheating, max temp is 68C on full load, i was thinking maybe it was the clock but i don't think so cause i haven't done anything, i was trying different drivers but nothing helps, but when i load a less demanding game it's ok, like League Of Legends, there's flicker only in river but it's kinda diffrent, i would appreciate any kind of help, i wanna know if the GPU is dead or it can be fixed EDIT: i accidentally put the article in CPU section, sorry my first time posting on here..
How old is your gpu and what psu do you have?

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
i have 500W Chieftec power supply and i tried it on my friends pc with 350W and it's the same
GPU is around 3 years old
Can you try your gpu in other pc maybe ask any of your friends or pc stores they might help you with that if the results is the same then your gpu is dying and you can’t fix that ,if you can’t do it then first of all make a fresh install of windows and try to download one of your games (fresh files) I really hope it’s small problem good luck!

Aug 7, 2019
Can you try your gpu in other pc maybe ask any of your friends or pc local stores they might help you with that if the results is the same then your gpu is dying ,if you can’t do it then first of all make a fresh install of windows and try to download one of your games (fresh files) I really hope it’s small problem good luck!
I tried in other PCs and it's the same problem, tried reinstalling windows and still same, i cleaned it, everything, install games again, but it's the same problem over and over again, same game on other PC and identical problem