[SOLVED] I have serious problem with my PING

Mar 18, 2020
My and my brother we have same
PC Hardware/Software and we are connected LAN via Switch our NetSpeed is 40Mbps, but the problem is when we play games - Online games of course my ping is above 400+ his is 30-50 max, every single time, when i make speed net test, my speed it's same as my brother 40Mbps 3-7 Ping.
I've tried many games like for Ex.
Rainbow Six Siege, COD Warzone, BDO, Dota2 same Sh**t. My ping sucks im wondering what may be the thing that cause this problem.
More info : we are alone there's no other piece of technology that use this internet, it's purely for gaming.
and this problem start happening about 4 days ago. Please help me if you have any suggestion what should i do. Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Before you do things like replacing the motherboard download one of the linux boot images that you can run completely off a USB stick. Since you can see this with a simple ping command it is not like you have to figure out how to make a game work under linux. Installing stuff get very tricky since you don't want it to touch your hard driver where the windows is installed.

If you still see problems then I would suspect a hardware issue.

I am going to bet it is some software issue. Hardware issue generally you see packet loss. Delay means the data is being held in a buffer someplace. The hardware itself have very limited ability to store data.

If you think it is a a virus or malware sometimes the simplest solution is to wipe...
Is it when you play the same game or do you have issues when you also play different games.

What do you get if you ping some ip like 8.8.8.8 when he is playing a game and your machine is doing nothing.

Does your machine work correctly if his is disconnected or at least not running a game.

Mar 18, 2020
Is it when you play the same game or do you have issues when you also play different games.

What do you get if you ping some ip like 8.8.8.8 when he is playing a game and your machine is doing nothing.

Does your machine work correctly if his is disconnected or at least not running a game.

Yes man on every single game i mentioned in my text, i've tried on many games, same thing happens. My ping on 8.8.8.8 is about from 35 till 450..

But today i encountered another problem : i think the problem is in Net provider occupation, because of the Virus today many peoples are connected to the internet, may it sounds stupid but before 8:00 PM my 8.8.8.8 ping is max 45, after 8:00 PM goes up to 450.. but the thing that makes me not belive in that is my brother PC which is connected to the same internet connection via lan same as me, same hardware same software, no other connections connected to our internet we are alone, his ping is always low no matter the time of day...
i tried restarting the Network settings, i tried add more Registry in Registry Editor, even tried directly connect my PC to the Adapter not via switch but same thing over and over again..
My last suspision is my Motherboard but i don't thing that's cause the problem because when i download something : i tried to download a game from U-Play which is always downloading with MAX NET SPEED i got no problems game is downloading with 5/MB s that's my max download speed, then i stop download and lauch COD warzone my ping is above 450...

EDIT ADDED : Just to mention games i play are on EU servers where i'm from so that's not a problem.

Before you do things like replacing the motherboard download one of the linux boot images that you can run completely off a USB stick. Since you can see this with a simple ping command it is not like you have to figure out how to make a game work under linux. Installing stuff get very tricky since you don't want it to touch your hard driver where the windows is installed.

If you still see problems then I would suspect a hardware issue.

I am going to bet it is some software issue. Hardware issue generally you see packet loss. Delay means the data is being held in a buffer someplace. The hardware itself have very limited ability to store data.

If you think it is a a virus or malware sometimes the simplest solution is to wipe the drive and reinstall windows. All depends on how much stuff you have that you would need to backup. The games themselves you generally can download or in many cases you could copy the game image from the other pc to a USB stick.

Does your machine have a killer ethernet nic. These cause all kinds of strange issues.

Solution