Question I increased my CPU's clock from 3400 MHz to 3800 MHz. Will it help in gaming?

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Hello Guys! Let's jump into the topic right away! First things first!
So here are my specs:

i) Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 @ 3.40 GHz
ii) Gigabyte Ultra Durable B85M-E Motherboard
iii) 12GB RAM 1600 MHz (3 x 4 GB)
No GPU At The Moment :(

So i just went into BIOS and increased CPU's clock from Auto to 3800 Mhz and also increased integrated GPU's clock.. Will it increase Gaming performance? I will get a RX 580 4GB OC'ed soon.

yWtgc8y.jpg

WBTyj0Z.jpg

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
You'll get a few extra FPS after installing a GPU. Right now, you'll do normal processing things faster, but you'll be so hampered by the integrated graphics that I can't imagine it having much of a real-world impact on gaming.
No I am not gaming right now..XD My question was all about CPU... So boosting up my cpu to 3.8 GHz will help... Thanks for answering mate!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
E3-1245v3 has a base clock of 3.4GHz and max turbo (default) of 3.8GHz. With anything over @ 30% loads (which is basically everything you run) the bios will automatically set turbo speeds as appropriate.

Meaning your cpu was already running 2 core at 3.8GHz, 3 @ 3.7GHz, 4 @ 3.6GHz.

You did nothing but change max turbo from an auto state to a manual at the same setting.

What that means is fps limits have not changed, but you may or may not get much use from igpu boost as that igpu is very limited but will see slightly higher temps as a result.

Reactions: taimoorbaig382

TRENDING THREADS