Question I just reset my PC but CPU Usage still spikes to 100% ?

SakakiKomachi

Reputable
Aug 28, 2021
I recently reset my PC because it was always under full load.
Before resetting, I installed a cracked version of Corel Draw from a friend, and ever since, my CPU usage has been at 100%. I tried multiple antivirus apps, but none of them solved the problem. I endured the 100% usage for two years because I had important files on my PC. Last month, I finally reset my PC, installed all the updates and drivers, and while the performance improved, the CPU usage still spikes, especially when I'm playing games—it's always at 100%, making them unplayable. Could it be that a virus has rooted itself in my motherboard or processor? Any ideas?

My rig:
ASRock H310CM-HDV/M.2
CPU: i3-9100F
GPU: was RX 550 2GB, now RX 580 8GB (since March 2024)

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
I recently reset my PC because it was always under full load. Before resetting, I installed a cracked version of Corel Draw from a friend, and ever since, my CPU usage has been at 100%. I tried multiple antivirus apps, but none of them solved the problem. I endured the 100% usage for two years because I had important files on my PC. Last month, I finally reset my PC, installed all the updates and drivers, and while the performance improved, the CPU usage still spikes, especially when I'm playing games—it's always at 100%, making them unplayable. Could it be that the virus is rooted in my motherboard or processor? Any ideas?

My rig:
i3-9100F
ASRock H310CM-HDV/M.2
RX 550 2GB (past) now RX 580 8GB (on March '24)
4 cores with 4 threads it makes sense to use 100% with the 580, if you can upgrade the processor by putting a bigger one