[SOLVED] I need help about my computer's slowness

delibasic.hamza

Reputable
Sep 23, 2018
Hello, I bought my computer about 2 years ago, it was brand new and prebuilt. From the beginning it was slow and I hoped it would get better, but it stayed the same. My system crashed the first year I bought it, we installed a new system and it still was slow. I installed a new system a couple of days ago hoping my computed would get better but nothing changed. My computer isn't slow only when playing games, but also when I'm browsing internet and doing things on my desktop and things on my computer in general. About half a hour I installed some basic shaders in minecraft and it was lagging so much, that's how bad it is. Maybe some of my component is slowing it down but I think all of them are decent.

These are my components: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44762018

Any help would be appreciated :)

Solution
You should run HWmonitor and see what temps your CPU and GPU are when idle and gaming, maybe you're thermal throttling. Some prebuilts have really terrible case airflow and bottom of the barrel coolers. Also see what CPU and GPU usage is when idle. Could be a background process hogging resources.
Hello, I bought my computer about 2 years ago, it was brand new and prebuilt. From the beginning it was slow and I hoped it would get better, but it stayed the same. My system crashed the first year I bought it, we installed a new system and it still was slow. I installed a new system a couple of days ago hoping my computed would get better but nothing changed. My computer isn't slow only when playing games, but also when I'm browsing internet and doing things on my desktop and things on my computer in general. About half a hour I installed some basic shaders in minecraft and it was lagging so much, that's how bad it is. Maybe some of my component is slowing it down but I think all of them are decent.

These are my components: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44762018

Any help would be appreciated :)
Hello there!!
It seems you don't have an SSD, the most inexpensive way of getting your system responsive is by installing a SSD which id recommend.
Go with any of the following,
Samsung Evo 860
Crucial Mx500
Adata SU800
You could go with 250GB but I'd recommend 500GB, it would not only gives you extra storage but better value(generally).

Reactions: joetrex and Jmi20

Remeca

Reputable
You should run HWmonitor and see what temps your CPU and GPU are when idle and gaming, maybe you're thermal throttling. Some prebuilts have really terrible case airflow and bottom of the barrel coolers. Also see what CPU and GPU usage is when idle. Could be a background process hogging resources.

Reactions: General Kenobi
Solution

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
I have to agree with @General Kenobi, the one upgrade with the biggest improvement in day to day performance is an upgrade to an ssd.

the ryzen 1200 is a very slow cpu, im not surprised that youre getting a lot of frame drops specifically on minecraft which is more cpu bounf. your best bet would be to use the bedrock version of minecraft...

joetrex

Reputable
Jan 14, 2018
Hello there!!
It seems you don't have an SSD, the most inexpensive way of getting your system responsive is by installing a SSD which id recommend.

The first responder is the best answer/solution without a doubt. If you're unaware of the difference in performance, you're in for a stunning surprise! Not only is it your biggest and best upgrade to system performance, it'd almost certainly be the cheapest as well - a 500 GB SSD can be purchased online for as little as $40, possibly slightly less. If you're as impatient as I've been under similar circumstances, you can get one from Wal-Mart for about $50 (500 GB).

However, some of the other hardware components in your system are beyond the 'outdated' mark, sadly & unfortunately... so if/when you upgrade the hard drive, I'd almost consider it the first of 3 or 4 that will need to be made within the next 5-7 years. Ordering piece by piece over a span of 6-8 months actually seems much easier on my finances, personally, and cheaper than purchasing a pre-built system, without a doubt.

Alternatively, should your financial situation eliminate this upgrade option altogether, I would suggest running through a full "tweaking" list - i.e. disable non-essential services, disable all startup programs, defragment, turn off all 'visual' options (the bells and whistles of Windows), and perhaps even play with the Performance Monitor console included with the Windows 10 operating system.
If you're not familiar with the program, it allows you to monitor any and every system activity, function, and/or behavior in real-time, displaying detailed statistics and illustrating them in line graph form. The only real hard part (for me, anyway) is finding the specific system resources I want to begin monitoring within the monstrous list of choices.
Easy answer: Upgrade the HDD to an SSD. Major performance increase will be guaranteed.